Selfish Tuesday roll call

Maura M.
on 9/26/11 1:31 pm - Yardley, PA
I call this one selfish because I am posting Tuesday roll call before the clock has turned the date!  Selfish because I wanted to do roll call so that I get notifications from all of you with updates on how each of you are doing. 

I have been away from the boards lately, a bit caught up with life I suppose.  I am doing well..feel better than ever and have just been off enjoying this new life of mine, that's all.

So, how are you all?  Whats up? 

xoxo,

Maura

P.s. - who's getting the updates on Jackie???  Surgery is tomorrow right?
Maura

lauraanne715
on 9/26/11 7:37 pm - Pottstown, PA

Good morning!!

Typing with one hand as I just fed Lily-Anne and now she is quite comfy!! LOL

We survived our first day home alone without Daddy! But I def need to nap when she does...

Not much on my agenda...just taking care of my sweet pea...dr appt tonight to check my blood pressure as I have gestastional high blood pressure and we need to see if it is coming down...

Hope everyone has a terrific day!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Liz R.
on 9/26/11 8:53 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning Maura and PA!! It's OK to be selfish sometimes :)

I am at work today. Totally exhausted and my back is quite sore. Mia had me up like 3 times last night, so not used to that anymore! Working until 3:30 today then off to the chiropractor, to my parents to get Mia and home to make dinner and relax until bedtime! I am going to bed as soon as Mia does and not feeling guilty for one second! lol
IdaMae D.
on 9/26/11 9:09 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Maura & PA!

Wonderful to see you posting!  Enjoying life is what WLS is all about!!!!!

Laura - enjoy your sweat pea they grow up so fast, my oldest is turning 32 this week - oh my...

Liz - I hope you start to get some relief from your back.

Today I'm exhausted, Professor we have now actually holds class till 10pm so I arrive home a little before 11pm.  Good class, health care law  - eveining goes pretty quickly as we review ground breaking cases that have set new policies in health care over the years.

House is still the same, heard from another sub-contractor yesterday wanting his payment.  The general contractor is telling all the subs we did not pay him.  I told Gene to ask these people if they want to see the contract and all the cashed checks so they can see with their own eyes that at the noted trigger points all checks were handed over and cashed by the GC. 

I'm also stilll dealing with emotions from the passing of my father.  Very difficult somedays I just want to pull the covers over my head and not come out just lay there and cry.

I'm off to work till 4ish.  Another morning of waking up late and Instead of rushing around and making myself crazy, I'm just thinking oh well - work is there, I have my company laptop and do extra work at home, I'm salaried, I get my work done - I'm not going to stress about being a little late for work.

Hope everyone has a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

steffihope
on 9/26/11 10:32 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Maura - we have missed you.  Yes, Jackie's surgery is today.  I don't know who is getting the update.  However, she posted on FB not that long ago, so I am not sure what time her surgery is.

I am at school.  Trying to keep my anxiety to a minimum.  I had a MAJOR meltdown last night over, of all things, Hummus.  I tried to make it twice, screwed it up the first time, then the blender wouldn't cooperate the second time.  Molly saw me starting to lose it and made me leave the kitchen.  As I was walking out I walked in to something on the corner of my pantry and cut up my arm pretty badly.  I walked in to the living room and proceeded to cry about not even being able to make stupid hummus.  It was ugly.  I couldn't beleive that I was such a mess over such a simple thing.  Molly took over, made it and she said it was yummy.  I have some with me today, so I will see!

After school I am going to do a little retail therapy with fb hubby's wife and then I will be sort of teaching tonight. I don't teach the first half as I act as administrator, (LOVE IT!) then the second half when I am supposed to be teaching, we will be showing a film.  It is often an eye opener for the 7th grade kids.  Looking forward to it!

Happy Tuesday y'all!
dit657
on 9/26/11 10:43 pm - Boothwyn, PA
good morning all - nothing selfish about posting early, Maura - good to see you posting!! Sometimes we all have to step away for a few days for whatever reason, but it's always good to see people back on.

I'm at work - trying to keep my eyeballs open. My little ball of fur woke me up again last night at 12:30, then again at 2:30 - he's been sick again so it's back to the vet. Not sure what's going on with him but getting up several times a night is not cutting it - might as well have a baby!!

Enjoying my visit with my sister and her hubby - just nice having her around to sit and chat with - I miss that a lot.

Well not much else on my agenda today - take care everyone...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 9/26/11 11:12 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Maura,
I don't see anything selfish about wanting to do Roll Call to get the updates.  I do it that way sometimes.

My procedure went well yesterday.  I am still a bit loopy from the anesthesia, because my procedure was in the afternoon and I am not supposed to drive for 24 hours afterward.

Today, later in the afternoon, I have a dentist appointment to fix a loose crown.  I am afraid it will come out when I can't get to the dentist, so I want him to anchor it so it won't.

In the meantime, I have to finish that baby blanket.  It is going to Michigan, hopefully with my ex who is driving there tonight.

Gotta run.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 9/26/11 11:17 pm
Good Morning Maura and PA!!

SOOOO glad to see you posting roll call!!! I miss you and hope we can see each other soon!

Today is Back to School night so it will be a LONG, LONG Day!!! Won't get out of here until 7pm! YUCK!!

Gotta go for now....class coming in! Gotta shape those young musicians minds!

Love you Maura!!!
Love to all the rest of the PA Forum!
Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Sara E.
on 9/27/11 1:05 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Good morning all!
It is storming quite badly here right now.  I work then do dinner with the family.  After that I take Caleb to the Boy Scout Troop Committee meeting.  He is presenting hos Eagle Service Project proposal for review and hopefully approval tonight.  After they bless it he only has one more approval signature from the Boy Scout District Advancement Chairman then he can start conducting the project.  If all goes as scheduled he should be a 13 year-old Eagle Scout in Jan or Feb next year.  The earliest he can have an Eagle Board of Review is 01/26/12 based on rank time requirements.  He is nervous about having to give a speech tonight, but I am sure he will do fine.
Later all...
Sara

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1794 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1889 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2569 views