***Tuesday Rollcall***

swedeville1
on 11/14/11 8:44 pm - Mount Pleasant, PA
Good morning PA.  I have been MIA for a while but I have been trying to keep up with the news on all of my friends on here.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Its pretty crappy and rainy on the west coast of PA which figures because I was scheduled to work on my car tonight.  I guess I will play it by ear.
Today I am doing the regular work schedule thing.  I am also trying to figure out where I will be going to Grad school at.  It has become apparent to me that I need some higher education or I wont be able to move up or worse yet if this contract ends I wont be as marketable as I would like.  Im thinking a masters in social work and then get licensed afterward.  And so my new journey begins.

How is everyone in weight loss land?
Missed you guys.
Swede

HW=400  SW=383  CW=252  GW=240
Pounds to go=12!!!  Pounds Lost =148

dit657
on 11/14/11 9:11 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Well well well, look who it is! Yo Swede - we've missed you! Glad to see you back and posting. Going back to school? God bless you!! I'm at the other end of the spectrum - looking to retire - LOL!

Hopefully today is the BIG day of wiring our money to the settlement company so we can finally get the Florida house deal DONE and over with. Found out yesterday that we actually won't be settling until Thursday now because we're doing a 'mail-away' settlement, so they have to Fed Ex all the paperwork to us, which we'll get tomorrow, sign and have it notarized, then Fed Ex back for Thursday. Keeping our fingers crossed that there are no more glitches and the rest of this goes smoothly.

Other than that not much else on my little mind - just trying to get through this (and get some real work done!).

Get ready for the rain - it's coming and bringing COLD weather with it - yuck!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
steffihope
on 11/14/11 9:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Swede and all of PA!

Swede - good for you for persuing your Masters degree.  I am getting the itch for my PhD.  I know which program, I just need my life to slow down a little.  I love sitting amongst colleagues and discussing, collaborating and coming up with all kinds of new ideas.  That is what I hope a PhD program would give me.  While I do know which program I will go with, it is all moot until some of my lovely children chill the hell out! :)

Anyway - today is school, waiting for the stupid parent to call me back, eye roll, soooooo freaking excited....surprised, she didn't call yet.  Tonight is synagogue.  We are having a Holocaust survivor come and speak to my seventh graders.  I swear, every time I hear another story, I am changed a bit.  This woman's story defies all intelligence on how she and her sister AND her brother survived.  She didn't see her brother for about 7 years and didn't know he survived.  I don't know his story, only hers.  Crazy!  Anyway - she is coming tonight to speak.  Larry and Josh are coming too, I thought it was important enough to share and they jumped on the opportunity.  Makes me feel good that Josh KNOWS the importance of his generation being the last to hear these men and women in person.  I am very proud.  Molly will be there too.  I am pulling her out of her class tonight to be with us.  Not sure about Emily.  She is pretty astute, but it might be a bit too much.  Will discuss it with Larry and see what he thinks.  I worry that there will be so few survivors left when she hits adolecence...who knows...

After the synagogue, home to collapse yet again.  Tried watching a movie with Larry last night and was again, falling asleep on the sofa....oy!

Happy Tuesday y'all!
Nicole0216
on 11/14/11 9:49 pm - Lancaster, PA
Sweded

congratulations on your career goals. even though my whiney posts on here would indicate differently.....I am so glad I got my MSW. I am a LCSW and it was the best career decision I ever made. I am so happy for you, we need more men in the field. You will have no problems finding a good job and doing what you want to do. If I can help in anyway let me know.

Still home sick. I am worried about what will be waiting for me at work when i get back. but i cannot control that so oh well. Going to see the Dr today see what is up.

have a good day to you all
bvohl
on 11/14/11 9:53 pm
GM Swede and PA!!!

Good to see you posting again, Swede!!!

Today is working both jobs while trying to figure out what to do with my child next Tuesday and Wednesday. Her school is closed because of parent/teacher conferences and the aftercare program is full! Don't get me started on THAT!! I am not happy! Tried asking a couple of people and everyone is busy....she may just have to come to school with me.

After work, pick up the child, homework, dinner(unless I fall asleep again?!?!), and then relax and bed.

That is it for me!
Have a great day!!!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 11/14/11 10:25 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Good to see ya Swede.. good luck on the school front. You can do it!!

It is rainy here, too.. yippee.. I've been fighting a cold but it hasn't won yet.  I went to the gym last night and did zumba and pilates.  I have a great soreness in my ab region today!  It felt soooo good to be there and have more energy in zumba again.  When I wasn't going at all and just getting back into it, I was definitely lacking in the energy department.  Last night, I was bouncing all over the place and it was great!  

Today I'm working both jobs. Aetna is still suprisingly calm.. I'm sure it is just the calm before the storm.  Dress Barn may be busy tonight since we are approaching holiday time.  You can never tell in that store  how it is going to be.  If the weather is really bad, nobody will come out because we are in an outdoor shopping center.  

We'll see.  Right now I'm grateful to have 2 jobs that are helping me to do what I need to do for Siehara and me. 

Hope everyone has a great day! 

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 11/15/11 6:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
Swede;

Good luck on Grad school.  Gene is an MSW, has his LSW and is waiting for his LCSW to arrive anyday now.  When I met him almost 10 yrs ago he was completing his degree although its one of many it's the one that makes him the most marketable once the LCSW arrives...

I'm posting late, was tough getting up this morning.

Today is a very hard day for me, it's the 15th anniversary of my mom's passing.    This year is especially hard with all the **** I've been through with the father and brother after the father's death. 

I know my mom is watching down on me and my girls....

Hope everyone had a great day, I know mine was so busy that I almost didn't realize it was time to come home....

Ida

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1801 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1897 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2576 views