Excellent article that talks about why weigh loss eludes us

Laureen S.
on 7/25/12 12:11 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Thanks Nicole. . .  very good article, what's best is it gives suggestions on how to accomplish what we want in order to succeed. . .  not very unlike 12 Step recovery process

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Nicole0216
on 7/25/12 12:21 am - Lancaster, PA
What I have found is that people have surgery change nothing inside and expect a different outcome. Impossible. I am currently in the second year of painful, intensive therapy that has blown my mind and changed EVERYTHING I thought I knew about myself. Many of the items in this article are part of that therapy and are necessary for me to do in order to NOT ever be 360 lbs again. And to NEVER again be someone who thinks that other people's needs and emotions are more important than mine. The exercise and food changes are the easy part. If you really want a life long change you have to do the real work.
Laureen S.
on 7/25/12 12:35 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Which is why so many regain and/or transfer of addictions. . .  as we were told, they operate on our anatomy, not our minds, but they don't really delve into the whys of and stress it enough. . .  truthfully, WLS is just a big business, it saves lives, but many others suffer because they don't really have a clue as to the reasons they got that way to begin with. . . if we were comfortable with who we are, on the deepest of levels we would probably have not gotten to where we did prior to WLS. . .  even with all the work I've done over the past 25 years, it is a constant evolution of discovery and recovery.  My weight was the last "known" active addiction to deal with and honestly I still find myself resorting to food when the emotional part of things kicks in, though I do catch myself and ask the hard questions and then I have a chance to change the behavior. . .  none of this is for sissies and you cannot be lazy about the process either. . . which is why everyone can do well the first few years, but then the road narrows, doesn't it. . .

I am happy for you Nicole, I know what you've been doing is painful in many ways, but I think it is freeing you too and that is a good thing. . .  I have seen you going in a much more positive forward direction, which is not to say you weren't before, but I think we all get stuck sometimes. . .

Hugs and best wishes as you continue to share this journey and what information you have with all of us!!!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Nicole0216
on 7/25/12 4:25 am - Lancaster, PA
Thanks Laureen the process is what it is right? I would say I lost my way for a bit but not really, just learned some things about who I am and what I want and moved on. It was all necessary. Raising kids is a hard job LOL and I am only 6 1/2
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1801 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1897 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2576 views