Facing the Ugliness

LisaAC
on 7/25/12 1:46 am - Philadelphia, PA
I just did something very difficult, which I'd been avoiding.  I updated my ticker, which,  before I got sick, was 2 pounds from my goal.  It is currently 20 from goal.

I'd turned my signature off so I wouldn't have to see it, but I decided it's important that I do.  Between the thyroid drugs and the pain keeping me from strong workouts, I have lost that total control I once had over my body and it sucks.  But I cannot and will not accept that loss.  It's temporary and I will fight it with all I have in me.

I'm going to bring that ticker down again.

Lisa

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
Laureen S.
on 7/25/12 3:52 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Lisa,

I totally understand that one, it has been hard to update my sticker all along, knowing that at one time I was down to 156 lbs., but my personal journey is one of honesty and I need to be honest with myself as well as others and so, it is what it is, I don't intend to stay where I am and hope to get it to 165 one day in the not too distant future. . . 

We've got the right attitude!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

LisaAC
on 7/26/12 2:50 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks for the support, Laureen, and thanks for sharing of your own journey so frankly.

Lisa

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
Laureen S.
on 7/26/12 4:22 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Lisa,

I was very excited today, because I was able to change the my sticker and for the first time in quite a while I am in the 170s, woo hoo. . .  a ways to go before I get where I was happiest, but it is progress we aim for now, isn't it and in the past 2 months I've dropped 5 lbs. and while to some it does not seem like a lot, I was told by Elena, the nutritionist at Barix, it could take me up to a year to get to where I was, so I am now closer by 5 lbs. . .  and I expect to do more before my 5 year surgiversary, my goal for then is to be closer to 170. . .

Yay us, the truth is not easy to tell, but, for me personally, I lied to myself for years and look at where it took me. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1787 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1882 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2563 views