Re-growing Eyebrows?

LisaAC
on 8/15/12 8:14 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Folks,

I lost very little hair after my surgery and found that pushing the protein really did help prevent the loss.  However, all these years later, I do have a problem!  Not sure why...probably a mix of things, most recently the thyroid disease.  Worse than the hair on my head, of which I have quite a bit, is the loss of a good portion of my eyebrows.

They've thinned out considerably and what's left is about six shades lighter than the rest of my hair.

Can anyone suggest how I might re-grow, or speed up regrowth of my brows?  I've seen "miracle" cosmetics online in all price ranges and seen biotin sold in the local drug store as a hair restorer.  Anyone have experience of these or other possibilities, found something that works, know what to avoid?

Any help will be appreciated...

Lisa

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
IdaMae D.
on 8/15/12 2:54 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I use 3,000 mg of biotin per day, 1,000 mg 3 times per day.  My eyebrows are really thin, no matter how much protein I up, nothing seems to work other than the biotin that I've been taking.  My eyebrows have not grow back to what they were, at least they are there and I can dress them up when I put on make up.  one eyebrow continues to remain thinner than the other so it's a challenge.

IdaMae

cleos_mom
on 8/15/12 3:57 pm - phila., PA
 My eyebrows were mostly gone between low iron n thyroid, I tried biotin nt work, made more hair on my face tried powders only problem with that is, when u wipe ur brow it comes off, so I had my eyebrows permenately tattooed on,they r really nice, I have gotten several compliments on them
Susan
LisaAC
on 8/17/12 4:20 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you both for your replies; I appreciate it.

Lisa

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1787 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1882 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2563 views