Tuesday Roll Call

bvohl
on 11/12/12 10:30 pm

Good Morning PA!

How is everyone doing?????

I had a stressful morning. It took me an hour and a half to get to work this morning. It is usually a 40-45 minute ride. There was A LOT of traffic and an accident to deal with. I was late to work which I HATE to be!! Any of you who know me know that I do NOT like being late to anything!!!

My Dad is back at the nursing home after a week in the hospital. I don't like the way he looks. I am not encouraged by his progress.... watching your folks get old SUCKS!?!?!? Please send prayers up for the best possible outcome, whatever that may be!

Today I am working until 3:30 then I have to do some errands, then come home and do the usual stuff.

Hope all is well!

Take care, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 11/12/12 10:54 pm - Perry, MI

Good Morning Beth and PA,

I totally relate to hating being late anywhere.  I especially hated it when I was teaching.  It would always happen on rainy, yucky days, which I would never give myself enough time because of the weather.

I empathize about your concern for your Dad.  My Mom is 86, and still has pretty good health, but looks so old all of a sudden, if that makes any sense.

Today, I am grateful for the fact that some men from my church are coming by to take my window air conditioner out and down to the basement.  I'm going to ask for two other favors while they are here.  I have to get my refrigerator plugged back into the wall socket next to it.  I don't have the strength to move the fridge to do it.  Right now, it's plugged into an extension cord.  During the power outages, I had managed to get it unplugged, which allowed me to get it hooked up to a neighbor's generator for a few hours.  There are two walls right next to it, and the fridge is huge.  I also have a ceiling light fixture I can't reach, which one of them might be able to.  The bulb needs replaced.

This afternoon, I have a couple hours of my volunteer job, then a doc's appointment.

Hope everyone is having a blessed day.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 11/13/12 9:23 am - Philadelphia, PA

Good Evening;

Sorry your day got off to a rough start.  I know exactly what you mean abou****ching your parents age. Gene's mom - who is like a real mom to me not just a mother-in-law is starting to show her age.  She was such a fiesty little lady when I met Gene almost 11 yrs ago and seeing how debilitated she has become the last few is heartbreaking. 

We are blessed she is still in her own home, once our house is all put back together she has a place with us, Gene's sister has room at her house for mom.  Like I told her on Saturday, she can still stay in her house and come to vacation at our house and her daughters then when she's sick of us she can go to her house for a few weeks.  She smiled at me and said might be a good idea.

I went back into the office today.  Was sitting with ice on my face a good portion of the day.  Fortunately I had a web based training today so I was watching the power point on the computer and had the phone on speaker so I could hold the ice in place.

Hope you day got better.

Take care and lots of prayers coming your way...

Ida

IdaMae

jackie M.
on 11/14/12 3:55 am - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12

Sorry to hear about your dad.  My dad has Parkinson's.  When we see him, I watch every move he makes cause I'm so afraid of him fallling.  My mom doesn't get around like she used to either and I am always watching her for the same reason. They are both in their 70's..  IF I lived closer I could keep track of them better than my siblings.  They are in their own world.  

Today was a beautiful day.  Hubby and I got out and around today.  Had to pay bills and get the stuff for our turkey dinner next week.  Was so glad to get home.  I had to get something on my belly.  Hubby made me Tuna Fish with lite mayo... I love tuna and it goes down better than the chicken does.  

Was going to go to Planet Fitness and sign up.  Found out that unless you have plastic card, you can't join... NOW if that isn't a bite in the cheek.  We set up my Gazelle so that I at least have that to do when it's cold and rainy and snowy..  NOW to keep the grandkids away from it when they are here..  lol..

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1801 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1897 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2576 views