I turned 3 yesterday!

Maura M.
on 12/16/12 1:23 am - Yardley, PA

I haven't been posting here, but a few people reached out to me and I appreciated it, so I am posting about my 3 year. I only had this in my blog, but decided to post here.  It's going to sound like a boast, because it is.  I'm proud of myself.  Wow... I'm saying that.. I'm proud of myself. 

This journey has been surreal.  In October, I took the most amazing trip - half way around the world to China, Tibet, Nepal and Thailand.  Hiked to an elevation of 18,200 and am blown away at being able to accomplish this feat.  It did not come without hard work, discipline and an amazing support network.  Am blessed.

Am happy to be maintaining.  Am blown away that I am actually making time to exercise to maintain.   I catch myself and need to keep my food in check.  I am on the scale daily.. just part of my accountability routine.  Am a size 4/6 from a 22/24, am 135 lbs down from 256, have a BMI of 21.8  from 41.3, have a body fat percentage of 21.3 (god knows I was 80% grease before), I have a new lease on life, am loving skiing, biking, hiking and taking classes at the gym. 

I allow myself some indulgences, but try not to allow it in excess and have been able to keep myself in check.  Regain scares the crap out of me and I have seen so much of it.  I know I'm still a baby in this journey as I have the rest of my life ahead of me to continue to maintain, but I am determined to do so.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

loving this new life,

Maura

Maura

bvohl
on 12/16/12 2:09 am

Congrats on your surgiversary!

Thank you for your sympathies for my mom. I did try and contact you but was unable to.

Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

musicaldonna
on 12/16/12 3:07 am - PA

Happy Surgiversary Maura!

So glad that your trip was awesome.  Congratulations.  You deserve to relish each and every accomplishment that has happened.  You have worked hard for your achievements.  I can see that at 3 years I am settling in to a new normal.  My attitude is so much better than it used to be.  Being out of work has forced me to let go of many things.  The best part is getting rid of the negativity that I used to feed myself on a daily basis.  I can honestly say that I am happier now than I have ever been which is ironic considering my financial situation.  I also know that having the surgery was key to this.  Even though I have had regain I shudder to think how bad things would have been if I was not a WLS patient.  

Best wishes for a joyous holiday.  Keep the positive attitude that you have - it is worth a million bucks.  

Donna 

Patricia R.
on 12/16/12 9:28 am - Perry, MI

Congratulations Maura.  I know you must be working hard to maintain your weight loss.  I need to get back to exercising regularly.  I'm glad you are able.

Keep up the great work.

Love,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lisa H.
on 12/16/12 9:40 pm - Whitehall, PA

Congrats on 3 years of successing Maura.  You have been such a powerhouse in this whole process.  Your determination and fear will keep you on the right path. 

My tracker

hers 

IdaMae D.
on 12/17/12 7:42 pm - Philadelphia, PA

congratulations on your 3 years!

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 12/17/12 10:52 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

It's not a boast to share how wonderful your life has become as a part of doing all that this "new" life entails and it's especially a wonderful thing to read about your experiences and how having chosen to have WLS impacted your life in such a positive way!!!  It is inspirational and what people need to know.

A great big  for all that you've done and continue to do in your pursuit of living life the way the former you was only able to dream of!!!  I wish you many years of continued high elevation climbs, in reality, as well as in your "successing" portion of your life!

Kind regards, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Sara E.
on 12/20/12 8:31 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Maura
Congratulations on your surgiversary. Keep doing what you are doing and regain shouldn't be am issue for you. I am so happy for all of your successes and achievements. I know I enjoy life much more now because I can do more. Being in the game and no****ching from the sidelines is awesome. Congrats again!
-Sara

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1798 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1890 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2571 views