Next Meeting?

jennyq88
on 7/17/14 9:21 pm

Hi,

I live in the Philadelphia area and had my surgery just 11 days ago at Jefferson. I'd love to attend some mtgs (outside of the ones Jefferson offers to their patients). Will there be any sort of gathering in the near future?

Jenny

hl1524
on 7/24/14 12:38 pm - Austin, TX

I live in Philadelphia as well. I go to meetings at Abington Memorial. I'm required to make a few appearances there since that's where my insurance says I need to have wls there. How are the meetings at Jefferson? I hear there are also active OA groups here too. Keep me posted if you find other meetings. 

jastypes
on 8/7/14 11:38 pm - Croydon, PA

There are meetings at Barix Clinics in Langhorne, PA for post-ops on the first Saturday of each month (so sorry I didn't see your message sooner), as well as the 3rd Wednesday of each month.  They also have pre-op meetings the 1st Tuesday of every month, and all are welcome to attend any of these meetings.  I am a co-facilitator and we have a great format with a variety of speakers and topics presented (usually 3).  I know that on Wednesday, August 20, two of the topics are "Vitamins" and "Eating to Live vs. Living to Eat."  PM me if you need further information.  Oh, the times would be helpful, huh?  The Tuesday and Wednesday meetings are from 7 pm to 8:30 pm.  The Saturday meeting runs from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1802 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1897 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2580 views