Can I just say - OUCH! ???

CaroleK
on 12/26/07 10:11 pm - AL
Yesterday my lower back and legs were a little bit sore and stiff. But I decided to ice skate anyway. Well, let me just tell you that today my legs are so sore that getting up off my bed this morning felt like major exercise. OUCH! But hey ... at least I skated for 40 minutes.
bethmal
on 12/26/07 10:39 pm
RNY on 12/26/17
I skated in high school - took lessons and all of that. It is great exercise. Maybe I should look into starting that again. I was a lot of fun and I was pretty good too. Hope your muscles stop screaming soon.
lorisb
on 12/26/07 11:00 pm - Vancouver, WA
You don't even want to know my first (and only**** skating attempt (in a rink -- I'm not counting the time I fell on my azz and hit my head on the concrete after an ice storm -- my smart azzed dad told me that if I were to fall I couldn't come in and cry so I waited until AFTER he left for work! ). Let's just say I did A LOT of crawling. You must be a lot more coordinated than I am! Ok, you're sore. Know what? That means you gotta get back out there and do it again. Until you're no longer sore. I love to watch and I do get jealous of people who can skate. Maybe some day... But there aren't many places around here to do it and the closest place is in a public mall... Let us know how your new exercise is working for you!
CaroleK
on 12/26/07 11:28 pm - AL
I am not coordinated at all! In fact I managed (two years ago) to trip over a curb, broke my fall with my head and ended up in the hospital for a CAT scan. On a sunny, dry day. Oh yeah and the curb was clearly painted a nice bright yellow. I'm dangerous! I'll be doing stretching today and skating again tomorrow. I don't like to skate if I'm too sore or tight because it makes it harder to balance and more likely that I'll fall and hurt myself. But I'll be out there with the skates laced on tomorrow.
Amanda Miller
on 12/27/07 12:44 am - Cleveland, OH
I have been skating since I was two. lol Figure Skated from 5 til 12 Ice Hockey from 12 til now.. There is a picture on my profile of me playing hockey. I love it! I have practice for an hour and a half every week.. and 2-3 games a month.
CaroleK
on 12/27/07 12:47 am - AL
OMG - Amanda!!!! Is that a Red Wings logo I see in your profile? Are you a Wings fan? Oh please say, "Yes!" I am a Detroit native and a huge Red Wings fan! We're Number 1 in the league!!!! Yahooo!!! I can't play hockey just yet ... I can barely stay upright. But I'm tryin'!
Amanda Miller
on 12/27/07 12:55 am - Cleveland, OH
Yes the Wings are my team. I have liked them since the mid 90s when they lost in the first round to Toronto. I go to see a game there once a year.. and go to Columbus once or twice a year to see more games (when they play Detroit of course)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1214 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3796 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3833 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3624 views