Just for today...

bethmal
on 12/26/07 9:54 pm
RNY on 12/26/17
I have overindulged for over a week and I have put on 7 pounds! SEVEN! I have not exercised, not drank water, I had alcoholic drinks during my family's ****tail hour, I ate everything except protein first, but the big confession is... I pb'd several times and continued to eat. I am not proud of myself but I needed my friends to know that I am not a perfect bandster and even after almost 2 years I still need support. I have a terrible cold right now and my plan for today is to stick to liquids because I need to give my little stomach a break. I will go out and get good for me food, I will walk on the treadmill and not run because I can barely breath (damn cold) and I will drink at least 64oz. of water. Chelle, I hope you don't mind that I took over this post - I really need it today.
CaroleK
on 12/26/07 10:09 pm - AL
Beth, first let me say - Those sound like great goals for today and I hope you start feeling a whole lot better really soon! Second please let me say, Thank you, Beth!!!! I've let my "Just for today" morning musings slide away. I went on a trip to Costa Rica at the beginning of November and when I got home I just let it all float away. Thank you a million times for the reminder that I need to start every day with a positive affirmation of what I am going to do for myself. What gift will I give myself today? I've gotten way off track so today I will start small with just three things. Just for today I will be kind to myself and treat myself with love by: 1- Stretching for at least 30 minutes. I ice skated yesterday and everything hurts. So today I will do some slow, easy stretching to ease the sore muscles. 2- Drinking at least 64 ounces of water! 3- Getting a healthy, hot dinner cooking in the crock pot so that after I get home from taking my daughter to her figure skating practice I am not tempted to go out for lousy food.
Sharon T.
on 12/26/07 10:20 pm - Southern , WI
Wow, Carole, you ice skated!? Good for you, hon! Of course, you're just a puppy! I'm lucky to stand and walk, with my cane! ha Sounds like you're back on track, and that's what we all have to do. Aren't we fortunate, we CAN?! Enjoy your day, and enjoy your dinner! I use my crock, all the time! HAPPY NEW YEAR!~
CaroleK
on 12/26/07 10:31 pm - AL
Crazy isn't it? My daughter is a competitive figure skater and I thought ... "Oh what the heck. I'll try to learn a little bit." I wanted to get a better understanding of the sport my daughter loves. Well ... Wow! What those kids do is HARD work! Now for the really crazy part ... My mom started taking lessons, too. So there are three generations of us taking ice skating lessons at 65, 38 and 11. We're all a bit crazy. Though I have to say that neither my mom nor I are nearly as good as my daughter. hahaha
Amanda Miller
on 12/27/07 12:46 am - Cleveland, OH
What level is your daughter on? When I quit when I was 12 I was in Intermediate I think? I was doing doubles.. not very well.. but I was doing them lol
CaroleK
on 12/27/07 12:49 am - AL
She just started skating 11 months ago, so she's not doing doubles just yet. She's USFSA Free Skate 1 and ISI Freestyle 2. So she's just now working on single jumps and various one foot spins. She loves to jump. Hates to spin.
Amanda Miller
on 12/27/07 12:53 am - Cleveland, OH
ooops.. sorry.. I was thinking competitive like actually going to competitions.. sorry. She is doing great for 11 months though.. that is wonderful!
CaroleK
on 12/27/07 2:38 am - AL
Amanda, She actually does compete. She is competing in an ISI competition in Nashville next year and a USFSA Basic Skills competition in April. She works out, Yoga and strength training 5 days a week and has lessons or practice sessions 4 times a week. I need to take a page from her flat-tummied book and get off my bottom.
Sharon T.
on 12/27/07 2:13 am - Southern , WI
Man, how cool, is that?! 3 generations! my hat goes off to your Mom, for sure! Enjoy!
Sharon T.
on 12/26/07 10:16 pm - Southern , WI
Beth, I sure hope you start feeling better, soon!~ Took over WHAT post, hon, this is YOURS!~ ha I don't think ANY of us are the perfect Bandsters. I've eaten SO many Christmas cookies! My DIL, makes like 20 kinds, and sends them home with us, every year! ha I gaind 2 pounds, but that will be gone, soon! I plan on enjoying NYE, too. Then back to normal! We always have steak, and shrimp, for dinner, and just a taste of champagne, and I'm in bed, by 10:00!~ ha So, wish I could get some of my chicken, and orzo soup to you! Take care, feel better, hon!~ SharonT
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1214 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3796 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3833 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3624 views