Discogal here! Tamales? Bad?

discogal
on 12/29/07 11:21 am - Fort Worth, TX
I just tried tamales a month ago and I'm obsessed lately. Are they really bad? ( Weight wise not band wise) The little ones I've been eating are 11g fat for 3 and about 220 calories for 3. They go down easy...maybe one reason I like the beef. And I can eat about 3 with nothing else as a meal. Thanks!!! Discogal-Linsey
taw1975
on 12/29/07 11:24 am - DFW, TX
I eat Tamales a lot. I don't think they are that bad. They go down well without fear of sliming and I'm getting protien. I say ENJOY! I do have to ask how is it you live in Texas and just now are trying tamales???? Tonya
discogal
on 12/29/07 11:29 am - Fort Worth, TX
I knew somebody would say that! And I grew up around mexican food. I don't know...they always looked gross to me. Just like guacamole...which I also now adore!
taw1975
on 12/29/07 11:33 am - DFW, TX
They do look a little gross. I am particular about them too--they can't have too much masa. We have always eaten them on Christmas Eve and I just bought 4 dozen from a woman at work. I will be eating tamales until summer! Guacamole is wonderful! I try to avoid it but it calls my name!!!
Nancy W
on 12/29/07 11:35 am
My co-workers mom is from Mexico and she makes them this time of year. The other day she brought in some warm chicken/green chile/cheese tamales and they were to die for. I only had one though. My only complaint is they have too much masa and not enough filling. When I was tighter, I could never get the masa down.
taw1975
on 12/29/07 11:37 am - DFW, TX
The chicken and green chile are my favorite! Yum! I've also had some that were really good from a South American woman that had raisins and cinnamon--kind of a dessert tamale. I tried to make them once--waaaaaaaay too much work! So now I just buy them.
discogal
on 12/29/07 11:38 am - Fort Worth, TX
MMM...ya'll are making my mouth water. I guess it's a little healthier than my sugar and sweets obsession. : D
Nancy W
on 12/29/07 11:44 am
How's your red hair holding up???
discogal
on 12/29/07 11:57 am - Fort Worth, TX
LOL...Already starting to fade. You should've seen the looks on everyone's faces when they saw it though. It was worth it just for that! haha...I did buy that John Freida color enhancing shampoo so I think that'll help. I'm really missing my blonde. BUT it's so shiny and healthy right now. So in a few weeks I think I'll go brown and reintroduce the blonde slowly. So nice of you to remember!
Robyn
on 12/29/07 12:15 pm - Milford, DE
I have never had a tamale but they sure do sound good!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1214 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3796 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3833 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3624 views