protien powder??

kim_pei
on 8/29/14 11:14 pm - Canada

I want to stock up on a few necessities prior to my surgery.  Can  anyone that's been through a vsg give me some advice on what to stock up on and where to get it please.  I would be very grateful. 

I already have a mug warmer and a stash of vitamins from a friend! I am just in ready mode!!!

Kim

kim_pei
on 8/29/14 11:16 pm - Canada

Ohh and to add to that any other protein sources like soup base or flavored proteins would be good to know too.  I have seen some people talk about unjury...does or has anyone used this?

jndrake
on 9/2/14 5:59 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

Stool Softeners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost died but not literally but seriously, why didnt any one tell me about this

As for the protein powder  we love Perfect Weigh from Natually Fit it tastes awesome and not like protein powder at all!

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

kim_pei
on 9/2/14 6:16 am - Canada

Omg lolol I laughed seeing this.  I will defiantly do that.  Is there a stool softer recommended for sleeves? 

Did you ever use the protein powder from Costco . I heard that's good too and you can get cases on sale.   Thanks so much for the info

jndrake
on 9/3/14 9:43 am - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
VSG on 12/10/13

I can joke now but back then it was the worst part of the surgery for me ! I tried everything before I got the stool softeners from my mom when my husband went out in a snowstorm to get them for me because I was in agony. I had already tried, Miralax,  glycerine supositories, gas x strips and Ovol and then I got a hold of the dulcolax they are little red gel stool softners. Lets say after 9 days of not going  it was a miracle to finally find something that helped. I have tried the Costco shakes Premiere Protein and didnt like the taste, I think the nutritionist at Dr B­s office gave me a sample to try. Its a taste preference think but I swear by perfect weigh and its available right here in Charlottetown at Naturally Fit right across from Ellis Bros! 

"You're off to great places today is your day your mountain is waiting so get on your way.Oh the Places you'll go" Dr.Seuss

kim_pei
on 9/5/14 6:02 am - Canada

Thank you so much for the advise I am going to take every word of it to heart lolol....mostly because it scares the ****e out of me lol....pun intended lol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still here?
Livewithnoregrets · 2 replies · 1206 views
Going on 5 years out
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3791 views
Posts?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3826 views
workouts / exercise?
better_life_ahead · 0 replies · 3620 views