Loose skin after surgery

keeanna
on 1/17/09 2:13 pm - Lachute, Quebec, Canada

Hi everyone,

I've just  been approved for VSG and still waiting for surgery date but I'm wandering about loose skin on my belly after weight loss.  Does anyone know if surgery to remove sagging skin on belly is covered in Quebec? VSG is covered but what about the rest? 
Anne

damonalisa
on 1/17/09 3:32 pm - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 02/26/13
I believe the "apron" (bottom part of your belly) is covered by Medicare.  Anything else is considered esthetics and therefore not covered.

Lisa
keeanna
on 1/17/09 11:55 pm - Lachute, Quebec, Canada

That's what I thought but I wasn't sure...  My 17 yr old daughter was concerned and didn't want me to be left with a huge sagging belly...lol .  My ex-husband, her dad, is scaring her with stuff like that, saying it won't be covered, etc...  Anyways, if it's not covered, I would want to do it and i'd pay for it...  My boobs will need a little lift too after 5 kids and losing so much weight so might as well do it all at the same time!!!  Thanks for the info...

Anne

klanglais
on 1/27/09 6:44 am - St-Leonard, Canada
Hi! I had GB in Sep04 and I have been approved by the RAMQ - not ONLY do they cover the abdomen, they can do the legs and arms as well. And don't forget...! The abdominoplasty is NOT fully covered. An excellent plastic surgeon who specializes in GB - said in detail that 3/4 of this surgery is covered - for esthetic purposes, there is another 1/4 which will have to come out of your pocket.
So, hope this helps since I am in the process  - and believe it or not, shop for your plastic surgeon!!!
meld30
on 4/14/09 11:07 am - Waterloo, Canada
On January 27, 2009 at 2:44 PM Pacific Time, klanglais wrote:
Hi! I had GB in Sep04 and I have been approved by the RAMQ - not ONLY do they cover the abdomen, they can do the legs and arms as well. And don't forget...! The abdominoplasty is NOT fully covered. An excellent plastic surgeon who specializes in GB - said in detail that 3/4 of this surgery is covered - for esthetic purposes, there is another 1/4 which will have to come out of your pocket.
So, hope this helps since I am in the process  - and believe it or not, shop for your plastic surgeon!!!
Hi I am new to this and I just wanted to know where you had your gastric bypass if that is what you had? I am suppose to meet the doctor by the end of spring this year in Sherbrooke, Quebec. How long did you have to wait to have this operation? I am getting excited because I hvae been dealing with my weight for so long. I am a mother of 4 children and a full time student. I would really appreciate it if you can let me know. Thank you

Melissa Derby
Brenda B.
on 8/24/09 2:36 pm - Gaspé, Canada
Can you let us know who is your plastic surgeon? Thanks

Brenda B, HW 328 PreSW 298 CW 156 Goal 165 
AT GOAL..................NORMAL BMI! DOING THE HAPPY DANCE

Most Active