Support Group in Montreal

SgtFeel
on 10/20/09 2:48 pm - Canada
Hi everyone!

I've been trying to find obesity support groups in Montreal, but I just can't find any! At this point I'm not interested in getting a surgery, I refuse to believe things are out of my hands (hard headed!) and that I have to take drastic actions and undergo a surgery. By no means does this show disrespect to those that have had a surgery!!! Surgery is such a big step and I'm not ready for it mentally, even though my body might be.

So I'm looking for an obesity or serious weight loss (+50-75 lbs) support group, in english, to stay focused on what I have to do. Do you guys know of any in Montreal, is there a club/group that I could join and just meet and interact with others with similar challenges as I am facing?

Thanks !
Spezza_Fan
on 10/23/09 9:53 am - Gatineau, Canada
Hi,
I'm not very familiar with the Montreal region but I am sure there are several groups out there to help you out in your region. However, from past experience I would go and see a surgeon and put myself on a list somewhere. That way if you manage to lose your weight or not y'll be on a list. If you happen to gain or stay the same and decide to go for the surgery then you'll be that further ahead of the game. That's just my 2 cents.

Oh and welcome to the board.
Most Active