Update on my surgery!!!

Spezza_Fan
on 1/11/10 5:56 am - Gatineau, Canada
Hi everyone,

Ok, I still don't have a date but I have an update on my surgery. Here's the little story that goes with it. Two people I know contacted me saying that they had surgeries scheduled for February 2nd. Thing is, they went for consults like 5-6 months after me so I was PISSED OFF. I calmed down over the weekend and tried to look for some positives and just look at it from a positive persepective. My time isn't now but it WILL come. I decided to call up the hospital and talk to the head nurse in charge just to be sure I wasn't forgotten. I was so nervous to call. What if she told me to wait my turn or just said she couldn't tell me. I would be even more pissed off. Thankfully for me the head nurse was very nice and she informed me that my time was coming and that there was just 11 people ahead of me. She told me that today she was calling patients who had their consults in March of last year. I had mine in April so my phone call is just months away. I can't wait. Sorry for all the rambling but I just had to get this off my chest. I'm so glad you guys are there for me. I can't wait to join the big team. Only months are away now! Talk to you soon! 

Derek
Gabriella21
on 1/12/10 3:10 am - Roxboro, Canada
Hi Derek,

I'm glad that your surgery is only months away!! I haven't heard anything yet on my side...;( but I did just go for my consult in December. I guess I just want to get things going.

Do you have any idea what we need to go through before surgery...i.e. test, etc.

I just re-read your post...11 beople before you is not alot!!! Good Luck!!

Did the nurse say why these other people were seen after you but are ahead of you in surgery??
Just curious!!

Take care and you will see time will fly!!!!!!!! 

BTW Happy New Year!!!

Ada
Spezza_Fan
on 1/12/10 3:42 am - Gatineau, Canada
Spezza_Fan
on 1/12/10 3:43 am - Gatineau, Canada

Hi Ada,
I'm still not sure what I will need but Martine, the head nurse told me she would contact me and let me know. Probably blood work, nutritionist visit, psych visit those types of things. I guess I'll be able to let you know once I do know myself. The nurse explained to me that every surgeon is different. All 3 of us had 3 different surgeons. One patient needs WLS before she can have her knees replaced so that was pushed ahead of me. The other one was because her surgeon does 1-dayt surgeries for patients who don't have any health problems other than the weight and have a BMI of lower than 45.

Keep us updated on when u get that call. U should get one soon enough telling you that you are on the list.

Happy New Year to you too!!!

Derek

Gabriella21
on 1/12/10 4:12 am - Roxboro, Canada
Thanks for the info Derek. Am looking forward to getting that call soon!!

My goal is to be smokin' by 50 (I'm 46 now...lol) So I'm giving myself a bit of time to reach that goal!

Ciao for now,
Ada

Spezza_Fan
on 1/12/10 4:14 am, edited 1/12/10 4:14 am - Gatineau, Canada
That's a pretty good realistic goal. For me it's to be smokin' by the time I'm 30, married, with at least one kid. I've got a ways to go. Oh and I want to get married when I'm smokin' hot and not the way I am now. It'll be the happiest day of my life not only for sharing it with my wife for the rest of our lives but so I can start my new journey as a new man too.
trustno1
on 1/12/10 8:12 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 01/30/09 with
 Happy to hear your time is coming soon!  You'll be shocked how fast time will fly once you get your date, it will feel like there's not enough time to get everything done :)  If I remember correctly, someone who went to the same practice (but different doc) had about a 2-2.5 month warning on her date.  Like mid/end January (last year) for end of March.  Things totally could have changed since then but thought you'd like to know :)

T :)

I DID Make It - 135.4 8-1-10!  Now working on post baby weight loss. (All WL post-op - preop got up to 220 from quitting smoking & last supper syndrome.)  5'2"
Spezza_Fan
on 1/12/10 11:17 pm - Gatineau, Canada
Holy crap T. You're only 1.6 pounds away from reaching your goal! That's awesome. Yeah I'm just really glad I could get an update from the nurse. I know I could get the call next month or in 6 months but at least I now have a feeling like it will be done by Xmas of next year.
yayawhat
on 1/12/10 9:23 am - Canada

Derek this is GREAT news!!!! 11 people is nothing, I'm sure it'll be a matter of weeks now; I was surprised how swift the whole process was-I group visit with a nutritionist, 1 bloodwork session all within the same week than surgery 3 weeks after that----it'll fly by. I hope it's soon, I'd like to go through the steps with as many people as possible!!

Meanwhile, I'm supposed to start liquid diet on Monday so I'm just going to let myself eat anything as a detox measure and a good bye tour.....guess what? I have NO appetite! I think it must be the nerves...

Keep us posted on the progress and I'll do the same, eventually we'll be on the other side of these posts :)

salem4444
on 1/12/10 11:34 am - Canada
Hello Yayawhat, I will also begin liquid diet on monday, and, like you, I am not hungry at all. It's weird, I wanted to have a last  "food party" but I can't... Good for me!
Most Active