The optifast diet...

salem4444
on 1/21/10 1:00 am - Canada
Just needed to talk about it... Been 3 days on this...the hunger is not so bad, the headaches are better, but when time comes to drink the shakes... I get nauseated...it's so sweet. I have to drink it real slow and then, it seems that all I do all day is drink ( water and shakes ). I am also feeling tired.  But I didn't cheat at all. I eat broccoli and cucumber, and it helps relieve the sweet taste. I think this is a real test of our decision and commitment to this weight loss journey... and what a difficult one ! But everybody say that it's one of the toughest part of it. So 12 days to go...

yesterday, I just took 3 shakes, I wasn't able to get the fourth in... I don't know if this can cause problems, other than being weak...

By the way, I lost 4 pounds since the optifast. It's but it works!!!
                                              HW 320 SW 299  goal W 150 CW 138 (5' 7 " ) 
At Goal !!!

blue38
on 1/21/10 8:58 am - Canada
I can understand what u r going through.  I had a difficult time taking all 4 optifast shakes in a day also. 
Gabriella21
on 1/21/10 12:50 pm - Roxboro, Canada
Hi,

I'm still on the waiting list for the surgery, so I can't even begin to think about how the Opti Fast will be. Like you, anything too sweet isn't for me so I am wondering how I'm going to handle the Opti Fast when it's my turn. I wonder if their are other options?

I actually have decided to start reducing what I eat in order to help things along.I had followed the "cookie Diet...Smart for Life" a few years ago and it wasn't too difficult so I'm trying it again for as long as I can. I'm not doing it as strict but more so to get me in the mind frame for the Opti Fast.

Salem444...Good Luck to you in your journey and I know that you will get through this phase and conquer the next! Congrats on the weight lose so far!!

Ada
salem4444
on 1/22/10 8:33 am - Canada
Thank you for your encouragements. It's becoming a little bit easier day by day . With lots ( I mean lots) of ice it's no so bad.  Everytime I drink it, I think of the surgery and the results, and it helps ...

Diane
At Goal !!!

yayawhat
on 1/23/10 3:45 am - Canada
Diane are you still on the chocolate shakes? This is day 6 for me and I don't find them that bad BUT I add ice cubes and blend them- I cannot tell you what a difference this makes. It is like day and night, the first day I had them in a shaker with no ice, I found them sweet and cloying. Then I threw it in the Magic Bullet with 2 ice cubes and now I like the taste!

I was having headaches too, I'm taking an advil a day to keep it at bay. I am also shoving down the cucumbers as fast as I can cut them. We're almost a week away, it'll be over soon, I just came from a bday party for my friends' daughter and there was a TON of amazing food which made me a little sad as I chomped on my dry broccoli. I can't wait to be past this, even on oatmeal and yogurt at least it's a change from these damn shakes  Also I am having tea sweetened with Splenda or Twin to end my day, it's something to look forward to you know?

I've lost 9 pounds this week and I can't wait for the scale to keep going down!
We'll get through this Diane!

Brenda B.
on 1/23/10 9:48 am - Gaspé, Canada
Hang in there girls...............it does get easier as the days progress and it is the toughest part from my experience.  Try putting a cover on your shakes and it cuts down on the smell.  I added extra liquid to cut down on the sweetness.  After surgery I couldn't stomach any sweet protein. I am almost five months post op and it is only now that I can stomach the artifical sweetened protein liquids.  Soya unflavored protein saved me. 

So goodluck with your surgeries and keep us posted on your journey.  It is nice to see other people posting on this board. Let's keep it up.

Brenda B, HW 328 PreSW 298 CW 156 Goal 165 
AT GOAL..................NORMAL BMI! DOING THE HAPPY DANCE

salem4444
on 1/23/10 12:39 pm - Canada
I am happy to know that I am not alone ant that it is the toughest phase of the journey, so I will be less anxious about surgery. The diet is getting easier by now, I put so much ice with it in my blender, that I get 800 ml instead of 300ml, it is more to drink, but it taste better cold and diluted. I also tried to add a little nescafé in it, it tasted kind of ice cappuccino! ( kind of...)

Way to go Yaya, 9 pounds!  I have lost 5 since this diet ( have lost 7 in the 2 weeks before). It motivates me to continue when i saw the scale going down...

Thanks Brenda and Blue for your kind words...

Ada, wich surgery will you have? Do you know approximatively when?  Don't be too afraid of the optifast, the first days are really bad, then it gets ok.

Hope this Quebec forum will start grooving

Diane
At Goal !!!

Gabriella21
on 1/23/10 2:29 pm - Roxboro, Canada
Hi everyone,

Diane---> I'm having the VSG hopefully sooner rather than later. I was told by Dr.Garneau that it could be anywhare between a 12-18 month wait and my consult was only in Dec.2009. But he also told me that he is very unsure about the time frame since he said he's not the one that schedules and it's I think more up to hospital availability.

Good Luck to you and I'm glad that this forum is starting to rock-n-roll a bit!! lol

I'm also very pleased to be able to hear about all the little tricks for getting down the opti-fast...thanks for that!

Ada
Brenda B.
on 1/25/10 10:12 am - Gaspé, Canada
Girls, just wanted  to mention how important it is to get all of your shakes in prior too surgery. Protein is essential to helping you heal and it will be difficult to get it all in the first few  weeks post op. So do whatever is necessary to get  it in.....:) So glad this board is finally active. I'll try and keep posting as well.  Goodluck again with the surgery and there is soooo  much room here on the loser's bench. I am kinda lonely.....so hurry up girls and boys come play with me!

Brenda B, HW 328 PreSW 298 CW 156 Goal 165 
AT GOAL..................NORMAL BMI! DOING THE HAPPY DANCE

salem4444
on 1/25/10 10:46 am - Canada
Thanks Brenda, Yep, I'm getting all those shakes in now, the nausea is gone, and I can take 4 shakes. ( I could even take 5, i am so hungry lol ) 

So, wait for me on the loser bench in a week!
At Goal !!!

Most Active