Recent Posts

pinkynoodle
on 4/11/18 12:00 pm
Topic: RE: When choosing a clinic and doctor

May I ask, how much it cost and if you had to make payment plans?

pinkynoodle
on 4/11/18 11:58 am
Topic: RE: LOOKING FOR SLEEVE SURGEON IN MONTREAL

Hi i wanted to know if this doctor's surgery is covered by the RAMQ? exploring the possibilities and feeling a little lost of my search for doctors.

amandaxo
on 8/26/17 5:28 pm
Topic: RE: Does RAMQ cover...

Hi, How long did it take you to get your first appoinment and then the actual surgery ?

odie
on 1/14/17 2:33 pm
RNY on 05/26/14
Topic: RE: Does RAMQ cover...

I'm in Quebec and had my surgery at Sacre Couer and vitamins are not covered and the pharmacy won't accept a prescription for them as they are OTC.  The nutritionist was only covered pre surgery and was in French so really didn't help me at all!! 

To Thine Own Self Be True!!

better_life_ahead
on 8/26/16 9:56 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12
Topic: Going on 5 years out

I was sleeved Feb 2012. Started off around 333 lbs. Got down to 155 lbs but bounced back up to 165 lbs where my body seemed to have been happy there.

Got pregnant in 2014, and gained back 70 lbs. It took me almost 2 years to get back on track.

But just wanted to let the newbies know that this far out, I don't regret for even 1 second having this surgery. I don't think I could have ever done it on my own from the start.

Now I have about 30ish lbs to get back to 165 which is my goal. I'd like to get back there by February 2017 as it will be 5 years since I'm sleeved and want to make the Bariatric team proud that I have been successful at this even at 5 years! :)

I currently workout at home and following a meal plan, and I'm loving the results! I'm almost 40 years old and have never felt this great in all my life! Even if you have fallen off the wagon, know that it is possible to get back on and get your life back! :)

better_life_ahead
on 7/28/16 10:36 pm - Moncton, Canada
VSG on 02/14/12
Topic: workouts / exercise?

Hey all, just wondering what everyone does for workouts / exercise? 

do you go to the gym? workout at home?

Thanks!

Shivani
on 7/27/16 3:55 pm
Topic: RE: Anything else we can eat with the Optifast?

I am on optifast too right now as well. I made soup with broccoli and green pepper with low sodium chicken broth. It does the trick for now. I'm soooooo tired. Had a hard first three days. Had to give up the gym in the morning due to my energy level. I felt a little nauseous with the optifast but the trick with the coffee in it really helps it go down. Good luck!! 

angelcain
on 4/16/16 11:19 pm
Topic: RE: The "Lose 150 pounds in 6 months" Diet

So I know this was from six years ago but did it work? I didn't see any follow up reply from the OP? I'd love to try this if it does work.

Juiceesweets
on 1/27/16 8:56 am
Topic: RE: The "Lose 150 pounds in 6 months" Diet

How many slices of lunch meat?

Most Active