Recent Posts

Amy Liz
on 5/12/24 8:32 am
RNY on 11/21/16
Topic: RE: What?s on your Mother?s Day menu?

Dinner sounds fantastic!! Enjoy your delicious, relaxing day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Lisa91941
on 5/12/24 7:20 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. Roger made me an adorable Mother's Day card up on his printer. Pictures of the kids and just really sweet. And not an $9 card that Hallmark charges these days. Cards are insane!

Yesterday was a successful day. Good food choices, even though I was absolutely starving all day. Good beverage choices. 50 minutes of exercise and 10,017 steps. And yes, I had to run in place for those last 400.

Today looks to be great. I'm planning a walk and a yoga stretch video. The kids and grands are coming to dinner. We have Foundation work to do first and then a glass of wine to be had. Maybe break out a nice bottle since it's Mother's Day and I am the mother. Ha! Other than that, we've got nothing. All the house work is done, laundry is caught up, yesterday we even washed every bit of the bedding. Fresh sheets, comforter, shams, ahhhhhhhhhh. Getting into bed last night was heaven.

QoTD: Lots of work outs this week. Book club on Wednesday. Dinner party on Saturday. Normal stuff to fill in the between times like grocery shopping. Maybe a movie on half price Tuesday?

Bites today

B: egg and cheese

L: chicken tenders

D: Yum! Carnitas and Roger is grilling Carne Asada and Mexican onions, will get authentic frijoles, guacamole, chips, chicharrons, crumbly Oaxaca queso and freshly made flour and corn tortillas. I'll skip the tortillas, but will have bites of everything else. Can't wait.

Peace Ya'll.

Take care of the Mama's in your life today.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

catwoman7
on 5/12/24 6:27 am, edited 5/11/24 11:27 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All! And happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

we weren't planning on doing much today other than going over to my mother's apartment for dinner (I'm thinking of bringing a couple of poke bowls), but it's so nice out today that I might just have to get out and walk or bike (again!). I ate too much yesterday - stopped for ice cream midway through our bike ride and then went out for street tacos for dinner since I was too exhausted to make anything - but we biked almost 30 miles, so I'm not going to worry about it. I'm sure I worked off most - if not all - of it. I was originally thinking of making a Swedish midsummer cake today to take to Mom's, too - but I may just bring the poke bowls (take out) since I don't want to come home with 3/4 of a cake.

QOTD: not much. Tomorrow I'll go over to Mom's while an occupational therapist is there doing a safety assessment of her apt, since my mother will forget half of what the OT recommends. Then I have to take her to a dentist appt on Thursday. Wine & cheese party on Friday night, so I'll have to make something for that. I spotted a recipe for white chocolate and (freeze-dried) strawberry cookies - I might make those. I was originally thinking ginger snaps, but I can't get those strawberry ones out of my mind. Plus they seem more of a spring thing.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit

leftover street ta****hicken Tinga)

hummus and carrots

poke

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 5/12/24 5:31 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Happy Mothers Day! Yesterday was nothing like I had planned. I took a morning AND afternoon nap, having much needed lazy day. This means I have a ton to do today. I managed the grocery shopping though, so that is done and we watched Unfrosted last night. Rob laughed a bunch but wasn't a fan. I thought it was cute. Today, we are walking little girl, I want to clean and do laundry and then the kids are coming over for dinner and we will finally watch the Roast of Tom Brady and some Jeopardy Masters tournament episodes.

QOTD - I have a busy week of catch up at work, meetings most days and a pedi on Friday. A pretty typical week for me.

Accountability - Barely any movement, I ended the day with 3,365 steps. Breakfast and dinner were good, but lunch was a bowl of comfort carbs. No weight today as I was already drinking coffee before I realized, though I think it was intentional on many levels. Today should be active and I'm shooting for a very well planned food and exercise week.

B- coffee, egg and chicken sausage, protein toast

l - ham and cheese sandwich

d - spaghetti and cheesy garlic bread

Have a wonderful day!

Melody P.
on 5/12/24 4:20 am - Amarillo, TX
Topic: What?s on your Mother?s Day menu?

good mornin y'all! Happy Mother's Day!

My brother and family are coming over today. I need to vacuum and clean the bathroom. Then make lunch, which won't be to awfully hard. My mouth is kind of bothering me a lot this morning. So annoying.

Jen, thanks for the suggestion of the ricotta bake! I totally forgot about her website so it should be super helpful.

QOTD: I'm not very creative this morning so let us know what's on your calendar this week?

I've got a phone appointment in the morning tomorrow and then my oral surgery in the afternoon. I'm very nervous over both. The first one is with social security. Wish me luck!

for all us animal moms...couldn't find a decent dog mom one!

Lisa91941
on 5/11/24 7:20 am
RNY on 10/29/19
Topic: RE: Good Saturday morning! What?s your plan for today?

Good morning. Zero plans today. I'm very tight and sore after my workouts yesterday, so I hope to get in a nice walk in the sunshine and a yoga stretch video. Exciting stuff.

QoTD: Always reading. Ordered the last piece for the bathroom remodels yesterday so just need that to arrive and install. Playing with paints and chalks. Expanding my cooking skills.

Bites today...

B: egg and chicken sausage pattie

L: turkey, cheese, avo roll up

D: leaning towards pita-less gyro sandwiches

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Amy Liz
on 5/11/24 7:19 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ sounds like you are in a positive mood today! I hope you have a good weekend. I slept sooooo well last night it was glorious. Today we are walking little girl into town and checking out a little street fair/car show. After that, grocery shopping, unpacking, cleaning, organizing, laundry and some relaxing. I want to keep moving, so no prolonged sitting of any kind until this evening. We're watching Unfrosted tonight since we are big fans of Jerry Seinfeld and Melissa McCarthy, silly and fun is just the ticket.

QOTD - Working on not being so sendendary - especially after such a lazy week of not moving any more than necessary. I keep seeing Tik Tok posts about people who exercise but then just sit for the rest of the day and not moving. That is me, minus the exercise this last week. Being truly active (which is what I want) is moving about most of the day on top of exercise. This is what I want to change.

Accountability - 180.0 today. Not bad considering all I ate last week without tracking. Moving on and glad to have control back.

B- coffee, scrambled egg, cheddar and low carb tortilla

l - ham and cheese sandwich on protein bread

d- leftover chicken enchiladas

Have a great day!!

Amy Liz
on 5/11/24 6:39 am
RNY on 11/21/16
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Haha, I used to pray for a bad thyroid too! Fries over the burger every time!!

catwoman7
on 5/11/24 4:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

looks like it'll be a nice day today. Wind speed will be a bit high, but still under 15 mph, so it should be OK for biking. I like to bike when I can for exercise since I'm out for 2-3 hours, and it torches a ton of calories. My eating has been great lately, so I'm hoping the scale is going to be kind for my weekly weigh-in (on Wednesday).

I was hoping to see the northern lights last night, but it was really overcast here, so a no-go. I've enjoyed seeing everyone's photos on FB, though - especially from my (distant) cousins in Scotland and Scandinavia.

QOTD: well, I consider both of these work (since I'm retired), but most people wouldn't - this would be finishing up my classes and cleaning the master bedroom and bathroom so the cat sitter won't have a heart attack when she's here at the end of the month. I could probably get it all done in a couple of days if I put my mind to it, but a little at a time is more palatable.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit

protein shake

cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with strawberries

hummus and baby carrots

dinner TBA

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 5/11/24 3:05 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Could you do the ricotta bake? I know the sites not updated much but have you looked at eggface for the purée/soft food stage? Might give you some ideas!

I took a few hour nap last night before getting up to see the northern lights. I suspected I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep but it was worth it! I watched the poptarts movie since I was up. Dumb and funny but good at 2 am, lol

qotd - just making it through May, that is all I'm working on. It's a hectic month, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics