USCBelle
on 7/6/11 1:28 pm - SC
I just made the call today to start my journey toward WLS. This is something I have been considering for the past 5 years and just received peace about proceeding. I am hoping to use Dr. Chasen in Augusta Ga. And have no idea which procedure to have. I am at 402 right now.
I look forward to getting to know you all.
Dee
sccuddlers
on 7/26/11 1:23 am - Fort Mill, SC
RNY on 01/16/12
 Dee,

I am new too.  I am on my 2nd month of a 6 month dr supervised diet (required by my insurance) so that I can get approved for WLS.  I will be using Dr. Gersin in Charlotte, NC. I used to live down in Aiken and my husband worked in Augusta, GA for many years.  I am now in Fort Mill.  Good luck with your journey. I know we will both do great!

~Kim
~Kimberly  visit me at learn.love.live.

The 3 C's of life: choices, chances and changes ~
You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change.

Palmettosleeve
on 7/26/11 3:23 pm - Pawleys Island, SC
Hi! congrats on the beginning of the rest of your life! fortunately i don't have to deal with insurance hurdles because my sc state insurance will not cover it. so im self pay and will be getting the sleeve at the end of august done by dr washington in conway, sc. i'm in myrtle beach, sc. let me know if i can answer any questions for ya and again, welcome!
warmly,
Kendall
starting weight: 341, goal weight: 150, 1st goal: 250, 2nd goal: 199, final goal: 150

Skinnyagain77
on 7/29/11 8:59 am - SC
Hello ladies   I am a newbie also. I've only been considering WLS for the past few months but my s/o is totally against it. So I'm secretly researching VSG and praying I can have it SOONER than later. My insurance company requirements does not qualify me, sadly.  Presently, I'm what the forum calls a "lightweight."  I'm 236lbs 5'7"  I know some may say oh you're not that heavy.  You can work it off but believe me I have tried and succeeded but it all comes back and bring guests to the fat party. I'm tired of starving myself, popping diet pills, injecting hcg, etc. This disservice to my body needs to stop once and for all. My entire family is either obese or morbidly obese. I don't want to go down the same road. I love myself enough to want help. I am so thankful I won't have to take this trip alone. Thank God this forum is here and filled with supportive people.
armywife101
on 8/1/11 5:55 am - SC
 Skinnyagain77 I too am a "lightweight"  being 5'5 and 225 I hear the exact same things...Not on here though!! Good luck and I pray it's amazing for you!  My surgery is Wednesday!  im slightly nervous!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 318 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3063 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3970 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4305 views