New to Rapid City

blueeyes3025
on 9/24/08 2:02 am - Ellsworth AFB, SD
Hi,

I am new to the Rapid City area moved here a few weeks ago from New Mexico. We are Military. I had RYN Oct 30, 2007. I am looking for a support group in the area if there is one. I qm also looking for a surgeron, that can do my follow ups. any info will be helpful.

Thank you

mkieffer
on 9/27/08 6:28 am - Rapid City, SD
Hello and welcome to the area.  There is a support group here and it meets the last Monday of each month (this coming Monday) at Rapid City Regional Hospital at 7:00pm.  A surgeon here that does GBS here is Dr Suficool (dont know if it is spelled right) anyways, come to a meeting and you can get more info there.

Again, welcome to the area.

Maryann
 Maryann 
I will go through the valley if YOU want me to

HW SW   CW   GW
280/272/163/150 
Brachioplasty and Breast lift with augmentation May 28, 2008
Tummy Tuck January 26, 2009

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/22/10 11:40 pm
Hi Maryann

I live in the Nebraska Panhandle and am considering a job in Rapid City. my problem is I have a house here that I don't want to sell (at least right away) and 3 dogs.

do you think it is likely I could rent in the area with three dogs? I need a landlord who allows pets and a fenced yard, everything else would be negotiable.  I would be a responsible renter but many do not allow any pets let alone 3 dogs! (they are all small)

anything else you want to tell me about your city?

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

mkieffer
on 9/23/10 3:36 am - Rapid City, SD
Hello,

I don't believe there are many places for rent that accept pets, your best bet would be to find a house, if you contact some realty agents you could probably find something expecially since they are small dogs.  I myself am not aware of anything.

Rapid City really is a great area to live in, we have the Black Hills which has some awesome hiking and winter sports if you are into that, plus the beauty of it here is great alone. It can be kind of expensive with the wages vs. cost of living, but that all again depend on your personal factors, we have never seen a problem with it, but I hear this from friends who have moved here from other places and those who lived here, moved away then came back.  So, I guess it all depends on what you are use to.

Let me know if you get to the area and if you have any other questions.

Maryann
 Maryann 
I will go through the valley if YOU want me to

HW SW   CW   GW
280/272/163/150 
Brachioplasty and Breast lift with augmentation May 28, 2008
Tummy Tuck January 26, 2009

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/23/10 3:47 am
thank you, Maryann!

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

blazn963
on 11/13/09 6:46 am
Their is also another support group now at Health Concepts on the third wed of the month at 630pm.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Bariatric Event!
monymony · 0 replies · 6150 views
LGBT forum invitation
seanbear66rn · 0 replies · 6086 views
Hello all
stephp77 · 0 replies · 5994 views