Saskatchewan Bariatric Surgery Support Group Annual General Meeting May 31st Regina, SK

Joel Sopp
on 5/30/08 4:52 am - Redvers, Canada
My name is Joel Sopp from Regina, SK. I am 6'3 and 437 lbs with a BMI of 54.6. I am currently on the Board of Directors for the Saskatchewan Bariatric Surgery Support Group (www.sbssg.ca) and we are a Non-Profit WLS Support Group. We have our Annual General Meeting coming up, which will take place at The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, 1800 Prince of Wales Drive in Regina, and we have a speaker coming out. Allison Kapp, the Nutritionist from the new Bariatric Clinic, will provide a presentation approximately 20 minutes in length followed by a 10--15 minute question and answer period for members of the SBSSG present at our Annual General Meeting. The presentation will begin at 2:40 pm. Please go to the website and under AGM you can read a letter from the President of the SBSSG for prospective Board Members and/or Committee Chairs, An Information Kit for those interested in applying for a position on the board or a chair position, as well as a recruitment poster, nomination form, membership form and membership benefits. It pays to be a paid member! Feel free to e-mail [email protected] (Current SBSSG President) or [email protected] (2007-2008 Communications Director) if you have questions about the SBSSG or the May 31st AGM. They will respond as soon as they can. Take care and hope to see you at the AGM. Joel Sopp
wannabhealthy45
on 6/1/08 5:11 am - Canada
Hi Joel, I just found this site today, so unfortunatly was too late to attend the meeting. I think it would have been great to get some information. Do you know...is there actually a bariatric clinic in Regina?? Are there any surgeries preformed in Regina? I've just recently started seriously looking into this and I'm finding it rather difficult to get information. Any you could provide would really be appreciated :) Thanks in advance.
Joel Sopp
on 6/1/08 4:13 pm - Redvers, Canada
Margaret... I am so glad you asked. There is a Bariatric Assessment Clinic in Regina. Click here -> http://www.rqhealth.ca/programs/surgical_care/bariatric_surgery.shtml and you'll be able to read all about it. It's currently a 15 month pilot project to determine what will be needed if they are able to full integrate a program in Saskatchewan. As of Yesterday, May 31st, I am now the new President of the Saskatchewan Bariatric Surgery Support Group and we would love to have you involved in our upcoming support group meetings and even as a paid member. Click here -> http://www.sbssg.ca/index.php?pr=Membership to find out more as to why it pays to be a paid member. One other thing... Go to our home page--> www.sbssg.ca and download the Brochure. The SBSSG does not promote one type of surgery. We will help all people of size find a clear pathway to a healthier and longer life. Look forward to hearing from you. My e-mail is [email protected]. E-mail anytime, Margaret. Joel
Most Active