VSG in Mexico

oh2bthinagain
on 4/26/09 5:01 am - Canada
I have been doing lots of research and I plan on going to Dr. Alvarez or Aceves for VSG in May or June.

Does anyone know of any one from Saskatchewan that my have had this surgery?

I will have to watch the swine flu epidemic - may have to look at postponing.

I am on the Bariatric Assessment list but way down the line and I just spoke with them and they are winding down at the end of May and it is being turned over to Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region - and I spoke to them last week and they do not have a plan in place and probably won't until November - December, 2008.

Any information or feedback anyone has on the above is appreciated!
mice_elf_2u
on 5/9/09 3:29 am - Beausejour, Manitoba, Canada
I spoke to Dr. Alvarez's assistant, Susan and she said the swine flu is a non issue. I was wondering if you checked out anyone in Canada that does the sleeve surgery and if so, what did you find and what are the costs? I can't seem to find any info. I am from Manitoba. Thanks

Tracey
Christy B.
on 5/23/09 10:29 pm - Canada
VSG on 11/10/08 with
Hello,
I had VSG with Dr Alvarez last Nov.  He was great.  I've lost nearly 60 pounds and am very very happy!  I live between Regina & Saskatoon.  If you should have any questions about my experience please feel free to ask.

Trails End Guest Ranch   
www.guest-ranch.ca  Saskatchewan Canada
10 pounds below original goal

barbara101
on 6/17/09 10:49 am - somewhere, OH
Hi, Christy. Do you have a post about your experience with your surgery date and all?
You are about the same weight I need to lose and have tons of questions.
How is the loose skin?

thanks for all information!!
Christy B.
on 6/17/09 11:45 pm - Canada
VSG on 11/10/08 with
Hi Barbara101,
I think you can go to my profile and see what i've said about Dr. Alvarez and my experience.
It was great, yes i was scared, but when i got there the Dr. really helped me to feel confident and it turned out to be a great experience.
I do have some loose skin, but i'm also 52 yr old... but the loose skin is very minor.. and i do believe it will all eventually tighten up..  Like it doesnt hang or anything, just needs a bit of toning up.

Trails End Guest Ranch   
www.guest-ranch.ca  Saskatchewan Canada
10 pounds below original goal

Most Active