Plastics Insurance experience?

NatalieNTexas
on 3/25/14 8:59 pm - houston, TX

Hello!  I am curious if anyone has any experience getting approved for body contouring through insurance. I paid cash for my surgery back in 2007 and the amount of excess skin I have is ridiculous and uncomfortable to say the least.  Granted..I do not have boils bursting out of every fold ..I do have issues that i am now realizing that maybe I should start documenting.  If anyone is willing to share can you tell me what your insurance providers requirements were, what type of insurance, your pre op BMI and anything else you think that might be helpful. My case is going to be weird because I paid cash originally in the first place. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Vivian Prouty
on 3/25/14 10:16 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Hi Natalie,

Have you checked to see if your insurance covers any PS?    Most SAY that they will but then when it comes down to it..they decline.    I had a lower body lift going on 7 yrs ago this May.     My insurance said that they would pay...but they refused to pay and my apron stomach almost hung to my knees.    I am 5'1" tall and I lost 140 and my PS removed almost 15 lbs. of skin ( but he didn't remove enough ).   I bet I still have close to 10 lbs. of skin that needs to come off.    That is my experience with that.    If I today was going to have to pay for PS....I'd check into UT Southwestern in Dallas.    They are about half what other PS charge and from what I've seen of people who used them....they have great results.    That's just a thought.    Good luck to you.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

NatalieNTexas
on 3/25/14 10:36 pm - houston, TX

Vivian,

Thanks so much for telling me about UT Southwestern. I will research them! I want Dr. LoMonaco here in Houston but we shall see.  Thanks for your input!

Vivian Prouty
on 3/25/14 11:55 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Dr. L is amazing but extremely expensive.   I had a consult with him at one of the OH Conferences years ago.    He said had he done my PS I would be super tiny.   I don't have the $$$ for more PS.   I spent $13,000 first time around and I am not pleased with the results and the PS won't do anything about it.    He kept saying you look so much better than before.   DUH...yeah when your tummy isn't hanging to your knees you look better but for all that $$$ I gave him I should have had amazing results.   Good luck to you.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 38 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 113 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 424 views