what food is best to have ?

aedwards
on 12/19/05 11:24 am - norfolk, VA
the first week home from surgery, since it will be christmas dinner and everybody eating ham, turkey and all the good stuff.should i just get some chicken broth any body got any ideas?
Carole V.
on 12/19/05 11:46 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Altheia, Good luck to you. You're not going to want much more than broth, just make sure you keep a supply of sugar free jello, sf popsicles, apple or grape juice that is diluted with half water, as well as the chicken, beef, veggie broth on hand. The head hunger might be the most difficult thing to deal with, I was lucky to live alone, so I didn't have to smell other people's food. Maybe someone who had a family could give you some pointers on getting past that hard part. Just know that all the sacrifice will be worth it, and next year you will be able to enjoy most of it again, just in moderation. Carole
A10sFrau
on 12/19/05 12:19 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
I posted to someone else tonight that my doctor requires 2 weeks of full liquids. Sugar free juices, soup that will go through a straw, even strained cream soups, sugar free jello & popsicles and no added sugar fudgesicles. Lois
TammyNVA
on 12/19/05 12:28 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Yep, you've got it. I'm 3 weeks post-op and have just graduated to mushy food and no meat yet. It's just this one Christmas... just imagine what next year will be like! Tammy 15 down, 141 to go
kammcdonald
on 12/19/05 12:50 pm - Norfolk, VA
This year might be a little tough, but just think how great NEXT year's holidays will be!!! Something to work towards!!! Good luck to you!!! *Kam*
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 888 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2212 views