approved... now what?

Kittyn Moon
on 12/27/05 7:39 am - faber, VA
I literally hopped around at work when I found out! I am wondering if I should start a liquid protein diet prior to the surgery. I know many surgeons want you to lose as much weight as possible prior to the surgery to shrink the liver and to reduce complications. I was afraid to lose TOO much weight prior and then they would decline me. I just want to do EVERYTHING to make the surgery go as smoothly as possible. I have to call my doctor as I think I have a sinus infection. I dont want ANYTHING to delay the surgery. I am SO EXCITED, I could barely focus at work!
Kennie29
on 12/27/05 8:09 am - Chesapeake, VA
Congratulations on getting a date!!! I am so happy for you!! Or have you got a date yet? I started my journey November 21st and already have a date set for 2-6-06, and it only took a month...lol!!!!! Maybe we will be joining the losing side together!!!!!!!! By the way, I am kennie!! Hugs, Kennie
Kittyn Moon
on 12/27/05 8:15 am - faber, VA
I dont have a date yet. Now I have to go through preop testing, etc. I will let eveyone know as soon as I have a date! (I was fighting the insurance company for 18+ months)
Kennie29
on 12/27/05 8:38 am - Chesapeake, VA
I guess my insurance is so different than yours, I didn't have to go through anything other than proving I am 100lbs overweight, over the age of 18 and it be medically necessary and they sent in my paperwork and I was approved the same day...I was so suprised!!!!! And I mean very suprised, it took a week!!!! Good luc****ep us posted! Kennie
Kittyn Moon
on 12/27/05 8:42 am - faber, VA
The date for surgery is not a real date, but I hope to have it by then. As soon as I get a real date, I will let everyone know!
Betsy Anitahug
on 12/27/05 8:47 am - Danville, VA
Wow, Kristin....you are over one big hurtle. On here you will see that some go fast from approval to slow...all indevidual cases. I got my approval in April of 2005 but didn't get a surgery date until Dec 16. I am still sitting here with staples and a JP tube but I am glad to begin this journey. Hope yours goes fast for you. Don't start that liquid diet too soon...just count your calories and watch the carbs. Good luck. Hugs, Betsy
A10sFrau
on 12/27/05 9:44 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Kristine, Are you doing to UVa? I am surprised they didn't tell you something at your consult about losing. There are bound to be many folks here who had your surgeon, who can fill you in in advance. Lois
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 888 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2212 views