VSG questions

mp2003
on 6/15/11 1:14 am
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it took them to get back to work/school after surgery. I am about to start nursing school in late aug and am considering having the VSG done. since I am self pay I can have it done pretty quickly.  Also anyone have regrets wishing they would have done a different surgery? or not at all?I have my consult a week from today and I'm just a little scared of having a vital organ mostly removed lol 

also i know i will prob have to do a pre op diet, any product recommendations?

thanks!! look forward to your responses
Paige V.
on 6/18/11 11:49 pm - Gainesville, FL
first off, congrats on nursing school! I am a nurse and graduated in 2007. I have not have the surgery (but if you are getting the sleeve you are in the wrong room lol- I am getting the sleeve as well and stopped in here because my Mom had the VBG) Anyway- from what I hear, for heavy lifting you need to be out one month (thats how long I will be taking off from my job as a pediatric RN). However, the first SEVERAL weeks you will not be doing clinicals (I have never heard of a school that immediately does clinicals) so you should be cool to go to school about 2 weeks after surgery. Thats just my opinion and you will def want to ask the doctor. Good luck! =) 
mp2003
on 6/19/11 3:51 pm
thanks for the reply yeah i notice some how i went to the wrong page!  well classes start Aug 27 and we are suppose to start clinical right after labor day. guess they don't wanna beat around the bush! lol i really hope i can get this done soon! thanks again for the response!
Lisalean4sure
on 7/7/11 6:31 am - San jose, CA
 Hi there~

Congrats... I had my surgery done the day after mother's day. I was out for 2 weeks not working. Then just weak as you need to learn how to eat the protein and drink water. As of today I wouldn't change a thing...I just started to go back to work moving heavy things and on some days I can feel weak but you will know what you can do and what you can't do. The only thing I have learned which I feel is important is to have a wonderful support team and go to support groups if you can. Positive people make positive choices for you to "release" the weight and never have it come back... I'm down 40 lbs and counting it is a slow and stead process which is a tool for the rest of your life. Enjoy every moment. So Congrats on this surgery that will change your life for the positive....

chunkeymonkey99654
on 8/21/11 11:40 am - wasilla, AK
HI i HAD THE SURGERY 4 MONTHS AGO. WHERE ARE YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY?? FEEL FREE TO LOOK AT MY PICS & BLOG.

BEST WISHES,
MELLISSA
 Mellissa 
~Happiness is just around the corner~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4325 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8582 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8100 views