Support Group & eating help in Rockland County, NY

akg55
on 5/27/12 3:44 am - Nanuet, NY
I am looking for a support group in Rockland County, NY.  I just had VSG on May 1.  I am having a lot of eating problems, not really understanding what I can and cannot eat.  Not getting the protein, protein, protein thing.  I have Diabetes and high blood pressure.  I need foods I can eat that are low in fat, high in protein and low in carbs.  Almost impossible.  I do not cook just for me, I live alone.  How many 90% fat free hamburgers, Salmon and dry Tuna can one person eat.  Tuna fish with water and a little bit of light may or fat free salad dressing while chewing 25-30 times just defeats the dressing and water purpose to me.  It is like eat the Sahara Desert.

I need help figuring out these things please.

deborah_lockwood
on 9/15/13 11:38 pm

hi . i had vsg inapril 2011 and lost 71 lbs . been going backward for a while gaining15 lbs in 7 mos . got back on track eliminated sugars art sweeteners and any grains and have lost 5 so far . my friends and family started the same thing and some are doing well others are having a tough time . ialso am looking for a support group in rockland .im in nyack ny but will be going to fla with my job for 7 or 8 mos on sept 28. therew is alot u can eat after a while so just be patient and follow the nutritionists guidelines. we went through a lot to get here. i for one am not gonna give up . went to see a plastic surgeon just to see how much i have yet to be eligible and im there if i want to be but am trying for 135 im at 153 now . hope we can inspire and encourage each other . my reg email is [email protected] to haer from u soon

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8573 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8095 views