vertical sleeve gastrectomy

kymberlane
on 7/3/12 8:37 am

I am looking for a GOOD Dr. to have a bariatric sleeve operation. I have insurance but it will not cover this surgery. I am willing to pay cash. I have diabetes and high blood pressure and need help finding a surgeon who will charge no more than $11000. for everything.

Desari63
on 7/13/12 5:01 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
Hi Kym...you need to go to the VSG board. There is alot of information for self pay patients. I too was a self pay patient and went to Mexico to have my surgery. I went thru Belite Weight Loss out of CA and they helped me tremendously! I had my surgery at Star Medica in Juarez, Mexico by Dr. Rodriguez and the care was exceptional. Here is the website if you want to talk to someone about it : www.beliteweight.com

My total surgery was $6800.00 as a self pay patient and it included the 4-day hospital stay, surgery, anesthesia..everything except travel. Let me know if you need anything further or simply go to the VSG board...

Good Luck!

Barbara McKeown

kymberlane
on 7/14/12 9:31 am
Thanks for the information. My husband who is paying for my surgery refuses to let me go to Mexico. I will be having it in the States.
jennygalthin n
on 7/20/12 12:11 pm
dont know where you live but I was a self pay and used dr in Dallas Texas.. charge 9500 for everything

danirae05lvn
on 8/11/12 10:48 pm - Hollister, CA
 Hi Kym,
I have my Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy scheduled with Dr. Armando Joya in puerto vallarta this coming monday august 13th.  I fly out of San Franciso CA airport tomorrow morning and I am very excited.  I have read and watched on youtube MANY MANY MANY MANY great reviews about this doctor and am very confident that all will go well.  My total cost is $7,000 and this includes EVERYTHING but my plane ticket.  I will probably stop by their pharmacy in the hospital or at a walmart while i am there to stock up on pain meds since pain medicine (narcotics) are such a pain in the ass to obtain in the United States.  Anyway hope all is well and take a look at the different procedures Dr. Joya has to offer at www.drjoya.com

-Dani-

ps: Dr. Joya has 13+ years as a bariatric surgeon with thousands of surgeries under his belt.
lisa2job
on 8/12/12 1:05 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
 Hi 

I am also a self pay .....  I feel your pain with having to pay outta pocket and find someone that you can afford.    I dont know anyone whom will do that surgery for under 11 grand....... but there is another procedure my doctor told me about  its called the sleeve plication, its new and it costs just under 11 grand.  They fold the stomach instead of cutting it .....   my surgeon offers this procedure.and said the results have been good thus far.   so that may be an option for you to look into.  

something else to think about I am sure there are good surgeons everywhere ,  but check with your insurance to see if they will cover complications if something happens after surgery.   that is why i choose to stay in the US for suregery and go through a " blis" insured doctor.  this is a doctor that carries insurance that you can buy in case something happens after surgery .   mine covers leaks, heartattack,  blood clots,  that closure thing forgot whats its called and a few other items that happend with surgery of this type.  its worth the extra $1000 and piece of mind for me at least.  good luck in your search !!!!!  
kymberlane
on 8/13/12 10:26 am
Thanks os much! I will inquire about the procedure u recommended. However my blue cross( and I have a good ppo policy ) Will not cover complications ,the surgery, and not even a breST REDUCTION FOR MY NECK N BACK.
lisa2job
on 8/26/12 7:38 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
I have the same issue.....   I guess I could of told you my DR   alana Chock , with Northwest Weight Loss Surgery   in Everette Washington.  not sure where you live or if your willing to travel.  but at least you could read up on the plication procedure they do it there. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8573 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8095 views