My next step

SurgeryLori
on 7/29/12 9:34 am - Canada
 My weight loss journey is a very personal one. For the last 23 years I have focused solely on raising my children, getting an education so that I can provide for them, and seeing them through growing up and moving into adulthood. They are now well on their way and it is now time for me. That is a very strange concept for me to wrap my head around!

I have been investigating weightloss surgery for years. I even entered a program to move towards having the surgery about 6 years ago but pulled out because I was afraid. Afraid of the surgery, afraid of the work that was involved, and afraid of losing weight as my body prevented most people from looking at who I really was.

Fast forward 6 years and there I was 381lbs. Good grief! Being diagnosed as a Type 2 diabetic scared me enough to get off my butt and look at who I was. Weight loss was slow, 20lb in 6 months, but it started coming off, I decided that I needed some help and asked my doctor for a referal to the surgical program available in my province. I worked the program but didn't lose any weight, talk about frustrating! I was however one of 27 people selected for surgery this summer (there was 300 canditates).

My surgery is scheduled for Aug. 2. My children and best friend know I am having this surgery, no one else close to me does, I am sure they will figure it out eventually! I chose to keep this close to the chest as I wanted to focus this on me, not on other peoples reactions or opinions.

I am posting all of this because I have a desire to make my jouney public at this point in an effort to make it more real for me and have found the support and encouragement here more real that listening to the opinions of others.

Thanks,
Lori
Newtowngirl66
on 10/20/12 8:11 am - Newtown, PA
VSG on 01/23/13

I feel the same way!! I am just beginning my journey and have read your comment in the blags.. Keeping it close to me and gaurded at this point..  :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8573 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8095 views