Two weeks out and having trouble.

loufreeman
on 9/13/12 4:23 pm - Blakeslee, PA
VSG on 08/28/12
Hi everyone,
I'm two weeks out of surgery and i am having trouble with acid reflux and not being able to tolerate the simplest foods. Does anybody else have this problem or had this problem in the past. Please help!!!
Lou
kellogal
on 10/1/12 12:48 am
Hi Lou, I am two weeks out today....yesterday I threw up the V8 I was drinking. I think it has to do with drinking too fast. Your insides are still healing up. They also told me that I would continue to have trouble with acid reflux. Many sleeve people have to go on Prilosec or similar med after the surgery. They say to take it slowly and time will be a big help.

Kellogal
PrettyEyes_41
on 10/6/12 2:01 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
Are you on a PPI? If you're not on something for acid reflux call your doctor. I have been on Nexium for years and even with it had extra acid reflux after surgery. But now am off it completely. Your stomach is still healing and will be for another month or more. Sip your fluids and eat very, very slowly, really small bites. Put your fork down between bites and chew, chew, chew.

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

bandarella
on 10/9/12 4:54 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Revision on 06/19/12
I'm two weeks out and had a bad time with an egg this am. It wasn't pretty. I have reflux & a hiatal hernia repair so I do get some painful discomfort at times. Slow eating, slow chewing, small bites truly are key. I did much better tonight with some tuna being mindful of the above. My biggest problem is no real appetite or thirst. I've had to use tart lollipops to trick my tongue to thirst. Good luck.

Phyllis  

Using a touch screen on my IPad, excuse any typos. 

Monica F.
on 11/7/12 3:37 am - Bridgeport, CT

I am so sorry to hear that!!! I am 2 weeks out and PRAISE GOD completely issue free... no throw ups no pain... since the band was removed... no reflux... I did feel VERY FULL after drinking a cup of soup (twice) and forgot my new small pouch and drank water too fast... that was unpleasant.... but so far... so good! I pray you feel better soon!

GOD IS MY STRENGTH!!!
Ballerinababe165
on 6/18/13 2:54 am

Welcome to the world of gastric staplings!

I was told I just had to learn to live with it.

The medication they put me on not only caused dizziness but  further vitamin/mineral deficiencies.

I have been on Prevacid for YEARS.

Learning to live with it may include low acid foods, no wheat, dairy,

Just try... that's all I did and alot of the symptoms disappeared. I only take prevacid occassionally now. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8573 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8095 views