United Health High Deductible Questions

nancytole
on 10/26/12 8:08 am - Portsmouth, RI

Hi All

I am fairly new here, but I see sooo much good information, that I thought someone might know the answer to my questions.

Here is a brief synopsis of my situation:  I finally (after much contemplation) decided to have the sleeve surgery.  Around the time I decided my husband lost his job and his health insurance.  That was 15 months ago.  He just got a job offer.  They told him the health insurance was United Health High Deductible health plan. 

Does anyone know anything about this and how it might relate to sleeve surgery?  I don't know the specific plan yet, as he has to be employed by the company for 90 days before he gets the health insurance.  Does anyone think if I call United Health they might have some more insight and information?

It took me so long to make this large decision.  I've waited so long to have health insurance again.  I am anxious to get the ball rolling but would like more info.  Anything anyone can tell me would be helpful

Thanks!

Nancy

gee1963
on 12/7/12 10:55 pm - Ankeny, IA
VSG on 02/27/13
You will probably need to contact his HR or the company directly. It depends on plan his employer is providing

*~Gina~*HW 338 (10/2009), banded 07/22/10 298, removed 11/29/12, sleeved 2/27/13. (CW)   214 dr scale 3/19/13   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8573 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8095 views