VBG to VSG?

Sylvie G.
on 1/12/13 11:09 am - Monroeville, IN
RNY on 04/16/13

I had a VBG in 2001.  Did good for several years except for vomiting when I don't chew enough.  I lost about 75lbs.  I have since regained all the weight plus more.  Very upsetting.  I would now like to have a VSG done.  Has anyone done this?  Is it possible?  I would go to Mexico to have it done because I could actually afford it there.  I am on a waiting list here in Canada but don't even know if they will do surgery and if I can get something done, I will have to wait one to two years for a surgery date.  I feel like crap right now and want this done as soon as I can so I can lose the weight and start feeling like my old self.

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/13 11:41 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

Dr. Aceves in Mexicali does VBG conversions to other wls procedures. I was reading on his page one day and saw that he typically recommends a conversion of VBG to duodenal switch, which is a sleeved stomach plus malabsorption. It has the highest excess weight loss percentage out there but requires very stringent vitamin taking. I am not sure he would recommend a VSG but I'm sure he would be able to probably do it since the VSG is part of the DS since the stomach is a "sleeve". If I were you, I'd contact him and perhaps even contact some other Mexico surgeons. He has some stuff written up on his website http://mexicalibariatric.com/revision.html

BREAZA
on 4/8/13 5:38 am
VSG on 04/24/13

I agree, Dr. Aceves is excellent! He is performing my VSG surgery on 4/25/13 and I've heard nothing but great things about him!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8571 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8094 views