6 months post op and only 58 lbs down

Lovely87
on 2/5/13 1:02 pm
VSG on 08/25/12
Im 6mo post op and ive lost 58lbs. I feel like my weight loss has stopped or slowed down..im a really busy person so i havent been really watching what i eat but i dont eat too bad. if i do i take a few bites and im full, and i haven't used my gym membership much. kinda bummed but i really need to lose 50lbs in the next 50days for a cruise..with excersice and watching what i eat do you think this can be done? and how much did you lose at 6 mo post op? Thanks!
hollykim
on 3/10/13 2:22 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
That is almost 10 lbs a month, how much did you realistically expect to lose? I is possible to lose 50# in 50 days but realistically,I wouldn't hang my hat on iit. Gl

horrible_monster
on 6/10/13 10:53 am
VSG on 02/27/13

"Only"?! Fifty-eight pounds is impressive. If I felt bad about this and was staring down a cruise I would probably sit down with myself and reevaluate why I "need" to lose a specific amount in order to enjoy a cruise. Be kind to yourself; the better care you take of you, the better your weight loss and (more importantly) other life stuff will go. Part of taking care of yourself, I suspect, might involve keeping track of what you eat and when, and how much exercise you get. 

I'm only at month four-ish and I've lost 42 pounds since the day of surgery--so not far off from what you've accomplished; about ten pounds every month. I suspect your rate of loss is pretty normal? Perhaps someone with more experience than me can weigh in. 

::hugs:: I'm sorry you're feeling down.

I have a basement but don't dwell in it full time.

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/13 4:53 am
Give kcongleton.bodybyvi.com a try. I've kickstarted my weight loss and lost 8.4lbs in 10 days.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8571 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8094 views