Anybody out there???

peaches
on 2/17/04 6:33 am - southern, MN
Just thought I would post to say hi and see if any one was around. I wish more people would post I would sure like to hear from people who have had the VBG I go on the main board but most there have had the RNY. So if you feel like talking just give me an answer to this post Looking froward to hearing from you Robin
wenbo66
on 2/18/04 10:39 am - Houston, TX
Hi Robin. I just popped in the VBG forum. I usually hang out on the main forum. You're right - most folks there are RNY. I'm waiting on insurance approval...I hope any day now. It's difficult to be patient. I'm so ready to start my new life!! Best wishes to you! -Wendy
Carol H.
on 2/22/04 8:18 am - Edmonton, Canada
Dear Robin, I am new to this site, and have just been searching the entire area, and would gladly communicate with you at any time ! My name is Carol, I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I have a date to see a surgeon April 13/04. From what I see on this site the Dr. that I will be seeing also does the VBG (open). If there is anything at all that I can do in the way of "words" to help you at any time, please feel free to contact me at any time. My email address is: [email protected] I will be able to speak to you with a vast amount of personal knowledge about this stuff, as I went through the whole ball of wax about 22 years ago also. I guess for the time being that I will just put it down to it being so new then, and it was not successful. However ! I am ready to do it again. I just want to give you that reassurance, so don't be scared. Please contact me whenever. My best wishes to you. Carol
Nancy J.
on 2/25/04 10:49 pm - Oskaloosa, IA
Robin, Hi, I just had the VBG done on February 19th; in fact, I just got home from the hospital last night. I chose the VBG over the RNY because the RNY just seemed so scary to me. I went to an informational meeting on it and the surgery seemed so severe and permanent. While, I don't want to return to my former way of eating, the VBG seemed to offer more of an opportunity to return to a "normal" way of eating eventually. Also, you can have it reversed. Let me know if you have any specific questions. This is only my second time on the message board, so I'm kind of unsure what info you might want. Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8571 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8094 views