Drinking alcohol..

P F.
on 2/25/04 4:24 am
I am not a lush, but every once in awhile I like to have a few beers.... Few meaning 4 or 5. Will that be possible agter my VBG surgery?
blank first name B.
on 2/27/04 2:41 am - Tx
I had the vbg in 2001. My doctor does`nt recommend drinking anything with calories because it can stop your weight loss. I would stay away from the alcohol until you have reached your goal, then I would really watch it to make sure it won`t make you gain. What does your surgeon recommend? Depending on the amount of weight you need to lose, if you can stick to your drs recommendations for that first year especially, you will be very glad you did. It goes by fast and as time goes on you will be able to eat and drink fairly normal. I gave up Dr. Pepper. I still have`nt had one to this day. I don`t miss it all. As a matter of fact, I sort of forgot what it taste like. I try to stick with water and tea. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
P F.
on 3/2/04 11:49 pm
Wow you look great! Thanks for taking the time to reply. Say a prayer for me. I will be going in MArch 22nd!! I am so excited.
walkerl35
on 6/10/09 7:01 am - Houston, TX
i am not a lush but I binge drink! I don't know why but when I go out on the weekends I put down a few drinks and it changes my whole person! Im trying to stop because i never drank before my surgery but now i love to and can't!
LaShonda Walker Thomas
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8571 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8094 views