Is VBG as safe as the Lap Band?

Ina T.
on 3/16/04 8:23 am - Morris, IL
In safety what makes the VBG safe? What makes the Lap Band safe? INA
Dianne C.
on 3/16/04 1:05 pm - Fresno, Tx
Don't know about the lap band, there is a place on these web pages you can look up different wls procedures but I do know vbg is less invasive and reversible. I think there is a little video that shows with the info. Look under main entrance or library and see if you see a lead in for it. Dianne
Pat D.
on 3/17/04 1:44 am - Boyd, TX
I believe the VBG is just as safe as the lap band. In my opinion, the VBG is much better than the lap band. Dr. Cribbins did my VBG February 17, 2003 and I've never had any problems from it. I have done great and lost 154 pounds. Pat in Texas
Lisa F.
on 3/17/04 6:52 am - Port Arthur, TX
I spoke to 2 surgeons one who does only VBG and one who only does Lap Band.As far as they were both concerned both procedures are equally as safe however each has their downfalls. With the VBG there is the risk of staple line disruption and band migration.With the Lap Band there is also the chance of band migration or erosion even though this problem is almost nonexistant in other countries where Lap Band has been done for years and it is very rare in the US however the Lap Band is less invasive because there is no alteration of the stomach and since there is no stapling involved no chance of staple line disruption. I was banded on 07/01/03 and am now 13 lbs away from losing 100 lbs so I feel that my banding thus far has been very successfull. Lisa F
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8573 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8095 views