question about vbg

Jennifer J.
on 4/18/04 3:10 pm - Tampa, FL
i was wondering what made you choose this type of surgery instead of the others? i am still waiting to talk to my pcp about wanting a WLS so i am researching all the WLS!!!! thank you
Karen M.
on 4/19/04 2:45 am - El Maton, TX
I HAVE CHOSEN VBG BECAUSE IT IS NOT AS INVASIVE LIKE RNY. I JUST FEEL THAT MORE IS KNOWN LONG TERM REGARDING VBG THAN RNY. I FEEL THAT I HAVE MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE AND THAT THERE ARE LESS COMPLICATIONS WITH VBG. I AM AWAITING MY SURGERY ON 5/03/04 AND AM VERY ANXIOUS!
Dianne C.
on 4/19/04 1:35 pm - Fresno, Tx
I am with Karen on the vbg being less invasive. There is a committment you must have for any of the wl surgeries. You must be able to change your bad eating behavior. You can still stretch out your pouch in either surgery. In rny there is also the malabsorption problem. If you are not careful with your protein and vitamins you can end up with serious vitamin deficiencies. I had the vbg 1-17-2003 and have lost 75lbs. I have been very satisfied and glad I chose vbg. Of course maybe you should go over this with your doctor what might be best for you and what you are willing to committ to.
Trisha H.
on 5/21/04 3:36 am - Jacksonville, FL
I had the same questions most of my friends went with the RNY I too beleive this is a less invasive surgery and that the research on it is longer standing The doctor I selected actually trained in Italy with the doctor who prefected the VBG (Dr Shariat) I am 3 weeks post op and feel better everyday
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8573 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8095 views