HELP! - TROUBLE WITH FLUID INTAKE

Christina F.
on 4/23/04 12:45 am - Brampton, Canada
Hi everyone, I am 4 weeks post-op tomorrow and have just returned home from the ER. I am having trouble getting enough fluids into me. I try to drink but only manage to get about 1 cup of fluid each day for the past few days. I sip all day long but it's not enough. I need help... anyone have any suggestions for increasing fluid intake.
Dianne C.
on 4/25/04 7:40 am - Fresno, Tx
I might be wrong, check with your doc but right now I don't think you can drink enough fluid or what you think is enough. I think just sipping all day is fine. That's what I remember. My doctor told me not to gulp or drink too much water at a time just sip like you are doing. Also it might help you if you drink Crystal Light or something you like. The new Crystal Light orange tastes just like orange juice. I also like the lemonade. You can drink as much as you want just don't gulp. Dianne
Christina F.
on 4/25/04 8:27 am - Brampton, Canada
Thanks Dianne for your input... it is greatly appreciated. It seems like those of us who have had the VBG procedure are in the minority here (or we're shy !) LOL I have discovered that if I buy Minute Maid bottled lemonade and add it to my bottled water it really helps. Just enough lemon and sugar to give the water a little "taste". One more question for you.... if I take a mouthful of water and swallow it slowly, is that okay or do you consider that a "gulp"? Kinda dumb but I am curious! Take care, Christina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8573 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8095 views