i think that i have hit t...

shoua X.
on 5/2/04 10:07 am - columbia heights, MN
i think that i have hit the plateau guys. any suggestions on what to do? i had the surgery done on june 23, 2003... 67 pounds down.. stuck.. help!!
Dianne C.
on 5/2/04 12:35 pm - Fresno, Tx
Shoua, You have lost a lot of weight already and it is normal for you to hit a plateau. My doc told me not to worry about plateaus and losing weight slowly at this point is recommended anyway. But if you don't want to go with that I found that starting an Atkins low carb diet does the trick whenever you hit the plateau.
Amanda H.
on 6/7/04 2:59 pm - Dennis, MS
Shoua, I had VBG on May 19, 2003. I started at 398 and I am now at 319 and it has been exactly 1 year and 19 days. I am very dissapointed just like you are because I felt that I would be much smaller than I am by now. I just came off of a 3 month plateau where I stayed at 325-327 pounds. I was devastated because I thought that I was at my losing point. Well I got on the scales this weekend and it said 319 and I was ecstatic! I had broken my plateau and I don't even know how I did it. I just kept on eating right and doing what I knew that I was supposed to and it magically worked. I guess the rest of our lives will be that way. Well anyway, I feel like I should be much smaller than I am. When you look at me I am still a very big person and I am still wearing a size 28-30 (which is a size 4x in womens.). I was wearing size 5x-6x shirts and a size 62 in mens jeans before my WLS. Is that heart breaking or what? I just want to have more dramatic results! Don't get me wrong, people can tell that I am loosing weight, but I feel that I should be able to wear smaller clothes and I should be able to tell it more on myself than what I do. Especially after 1 WHOLE YEAR!!! I do feel the same way that you do but hang in there and let me know when you break your plateau and how you did it. If anyone has suggestions for us please let us Know! Thanks a million!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4325 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8582 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8100 views