How are VBG ad LapBand different

Natalee
on 7/8/04 1:14 pm - Edmond, OK
I am scheduled for open VBG on Aug 9th. I have heard a lot about the LapBand and since they are both restrictive was wondering what the differences were as far as risks and weight loss success. LapBand seems so much less invasive, but I haven't heard much information on it. Should I be reconsidering LapBand vs. VBG?
Dianne C.
on 7/10/04 12:23 pm - Fresno, Tx
Don't knowmuch about the lap band but there is information on this webside if you want to look it up.
Lisa F.
on 7/16/04 1:12 am - Port Arthur, TX
Natalie, Hi, I have the Lap Band, I was banded on 07/01/03 and have lost 103 lbs. The Lap Band and VBG are both restrictive procedures so they both basically work the same way except that with the VBG the pouch is formed by stapling.The Lap Band involves no stapling or cutting. The band is placed around the upper part of the stomach forming a small pouch. The band is lined with a ballon type device that holds saline it is filled to provide restriction. The Band is filled through a port that is located in the abdominal area. There is a lap band forum on this site you can go ther for more info. Lisa F
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4325 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8582 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8100 views