Consider this carefully

Janine S.
on 7/20/04 10:22 am - The Colony, tx
I had a VBG March 2. I just got home 2 weeks ago on June 30.My surgery went well but some of the staples came undone a few days later.I developed a sepsis infection( only 8 out of 10 people live through this infection).My kidneys, lungs, bowels ,everything shut down.I was in ICU for 2 months.I was totally unconsience.My poor husbund was told that I probably wouldnt make it.He has been through hell.God performed a miracle and I lived.After 2 more months in rehab I came home.I have to use a walker to walk and I cant talk because I have a trach in my throat but I am expected to bee 100% eventually.Think about this before doing it. It would have been so much easier just to eat salads and change my bad habits than to go through what Ive been through...God bless you all, Janine
sharon001
on 7/20/04 10:55 pm - WI
Janine -- How awful for you to have to go through this. You are correct -- everyone should consider this surgery carefully before having it performed. Best wishes to you and your family on your continued good health.
Shelly F.
on 7/21/04 10:46 am - St. Augustine, FL
Hi Janine, We are surgery birthday buddlies. I know you have had a more than rough time. I'm so glad your hare to tell of your trauma. I'm glad you are finally home now. I know I did alot of research about all the available surgeries. I spoke with the surgeon a few times about risks and complications. I came on these boards and look at many questions and answers. I'm sure you did alot of research as well. This isn't something we do lightly. We think alot about it and discuss it. When I chose this surgery I did it for me. How long do you stuggle with all the weight related problems before you decide???? That's what we all are doing here before the surgery. Can or will we have surgery related complications??? You have to ask yourself if thats the risk your willing to take. We took that risk......Now we reap the benefits if we follow the rules. My prayers to you for continued recovery, Shelly PS I can even eat salads now lol
Janna G.
on 7/22/04 1:55 pm - TX
Janine, I`m sorry you had such a horrible experience. I am praying God will bless you with a speedy recovery. And you are certainly right about considering wls very carefully. Surgery, for the most part, should only be done to save a persons life, or at least to make it considerably better. Even though I have`nt regretted the surgery, there have been times when I wonder why could`nt I have just dieted in the first place. I still don`t know the answer. But we just have to do the best we can. One day at a time. May God bless you and your family. Keep us posted. "All praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the source of every mercy and the God who comforts us. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others." 2 Cor. 1:3-4
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4325 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8582 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8100 views