Gall Bladder meds...

Libralin
on 4/5/11 8:05 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
I just started my Urso meds..for Gallbladder...Anyone have any reactions?
I just feel like I am taking so many vitamins and meds.

I take...Toprol..., Myocardis, Crestor,  in the a.m. along with ...B Complex, (was taking Prilosec), B12,
Calcium Citrate..later on...in the day at work...Centrum chewables...now Potasium...
Add Urso to the mix...(gallbladder) and Lexapro before bedtime...

Geezus!!! Im a walking drugstore!!!!!

Hope I can get off some of this stuff....Dont know if I should still be taking Prilosec?

sleeve genie
on 4/5/11 12:54 pm - Alhambra, CA
My doctor puts everyone on the gallbladder meds.   Reduces the chance of gallbladder issues from 30% -2-3% in WLS patients.   I had no problems.  I agree we take a lot of stuff.  Thankfully i take a lot less medicine now thanks to health is much improved and i always took supplements anyway.  I took otc ppi for about 5 months  don't know if it did anything,  i didn't see any difference after i stopped them?   But a lot of people still take them long time out.  :o) Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

Libralin
on 4/5/11 2:38 pm - MorrisCounty, NJ
Thanks Jeani!

I was supposed to have my followup 1 month appt with my dr. on April 6(tomorrow), then they had to move me to the 13th....so I really havent seen him since week 1. I have called the office but I want to hear the oks from him........
I dont see my cardiologist till May...so maybe he will take me off some stuff or lessen it when he sees my blood work?
Hope so!

I just feel like Im popping pills all the time!

ZenBunni
on 4/5/11 9:18 pm, edited 4/6/11 4:19 am - Ashburn, VA
Yes, the reaction is that it is so damn disgusting it would make me vomit - as well as serious reflux.

I found that I couldnt cru**** the bile taste was nauseating. If I cut it up into small peices and swallowed with milk, that helped. I also got to the point where it was giving me such bad reflux I had to cut down to half Urso a day and bump up my Prevacid to twice day.

According to my Dr office - 10% chance of gall stones taking Urso, 30% chance not taking it.
And because there are no indications of who will get it and who wont, some doctors prescribe and some dont. I took it for appx 1 1/2 months and then said the hell with it. My Dr office said that was fine, and just call if I had problems. And I havent looked back since!!

Once you get further out, the pill taking gets easier and lesser. Just toss a couple things in the morning and maybe something at night - depending on your sched - but its not like now where your nursing pills and chewables and drinkables and everything else all day long!! =)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views