Stomach Sleeping

Libralin
on 4/21/11 6:47 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
I got the Ok from my dr. to sleep on my stomach...I tried last nite...I dont know if it was mental or what..but I thought I felt a little pinching...so I turned back to my side...Could that be the staples? Am I not healed enough?

Anyone else try it?

lynze01
on 4/21/11 7:05 am
How far out are you from surgery?  I'm 8 weeks out and I have only been comfortable for the past 2 weeks now.  My doctor told be I could sleep on my stomach as soon as I wanted.  I would  wake myself up from sleeping from rolling over and being in pain.  I think it was around 6 weeks post-op to be able to sleep on my stomache or even sleep comfortable on my side. 

Hope this helps, and is reassuring!
Libralin
on 4/21/11 7:11 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
Hi...I had surgery March 7...Were you in pain because of sleeping on your stomach? I can sleep on my side with no problem...I dont sleep flat on my stomach..kind of a little sideways...

lynze01
on 4/21/11 7:39 am
I could only sleep on my right side.  My left side and stomache were really sore.  It felt like I was being stabbed if I twisted or rolled.  At first I would lay on my side and just slightly lean on a pillow, until I could lay flat.  You are about 2 weeks behind me, so hopefully you will get more comfortable soon. 

PaulaS
on 4/21/11 8:15 am - TX
My Dr. never mentioned to me not to sleep on my stomach, and I have been able to since about 1 week out.   Guess everyone is different!

Highest weight, 248#
Surgery weight, 236#
Current weight, 138#
Susan M.
on 4/21/11 8:16 am
 I've been wondering this also because I'm so tired of sleeping on my back. But it's only 6 days post-op for me and I'm ready to sleep on my side but way too painful still. About how long before you could sleep on your side?

Michelle Smith
on 4/21/11 11:36 am
I actually slept on my stomach the night of surgery....the nurses were having a fit,but I did not realize I had even rolled over..I CANNOT sleep any other way. It didnt hurt...Just a little pinching around the incisions...I would say everyone is different... How many people u see in the hospital on their tummy? LOL....

~~I am 5'8~~

jmart76
on 4/21/11 2:39 pm
 I had surgery the day before you and have been sleeping on my stomach without any problems. I don't have any pains or tenderness. But I also listen to my stomach over food and stuff and if it doesn't agree with it...then I don't eat it. So if your having a pinching pain, maybe you just need to wait a little bit longer. You'll know when your ready to sleep on your stomach, you'll just wake up one morning on your stomach.

Ht 5'6 
Surgery Date: April 6, 2011
Wt at surgery was 232

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views