After menopause sleever

Mermaid7
on 5/5/11 5:45 am
Hi sleevers,
I was wondering if any post menopausal women are having trouble healing or adjusting to sleeve, or, are having a harder time loosing weight?
wert
on 5/5/11 6:35 am - MN
I'm WAY post menopause and I'm doing great. I feel really good. The pounds are coming off steadily. My surgery and recovery were a breeze. Everything healed except my insisions itched for a while. Doing great. You? 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Foxbins
on 5/5/11 6:46 am
I'm 15 years past menopause and I had no trouble healing, adjusting, or losing weight.  If you are having problems I don't think it's related to menopause.  What's going on?
skinnymeforever
on 5/5/11 8:21 am - AZ
Hi - yah - I'm post menapausal. I healed okay but I'm having alot of trouble adjusting to it all.  Getting water down, eating, etc. I have an ulcer and have to take a lot of meds. I didn't have an ulcer prior to surgery. I'm not diabetic (never have been) but my blood sugar drops so low, I almost pass out. I am, however, losing weight. I'm 2 months out and have lost 38 lbs.  I'm happy with this loss. I'm half way there but the health issues are not worth it so far.
kats-mom
on 5/5/11 8:22 am - TX
VSG on 02/15/11 with
I am past menopause as well. I had surgery 11 weeks ago. Other than hitting my second stall all is good. I have been up and down the same 3 pounds for over a week this time. (I know everyone goes through these stalls.) I did have some problems which kept me in the hospital 3 extra days, but that was due to some of my medical problems, not menopause related.
What's happening, perhaps someone has had the same "problem". We are here to help you.
   Lorraine    kats-mom
        Highest Weight-285  /  1st Nutritionist Appt-275  /  Pre-op Diet-257  /  
                               Day of Surgery: 246  /  Day Home-257

Elaine2
on 5/5/11 10:10 am - Atlanta, GA
I'm 10 years post and breezed through the surgery and recovery. My weight loss has been pretty steady except month 3 (only 2 lbs) and month 10 (a big fat 000)!  Lots of hanging skin but I think that's due to the number of fat years and weight not age and post menopause.

Lisa D.
on 5/5/11 10:32 am - New Orleans, LA
I am 2 years post (Hyst 2009) menopausal.  This whole process has been a breeze for me.  Best decision I have ever made. Back to work after 1 week.  No loss of energy just loss of fat. 
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

KathyA999
on 5/5/11 11:01 am
I'm 61, had surgery 9 months ago, and doing great.  It IS an adjustment, but one I've been making pretty willingly.  Recovery was easy-breezy - very little pain, no nausea, no food intolerances, no difference in how things taste.  I do have a pretty nasty acid stomach, which I control with meds and by not doing things that wake up the Snarly Monster.  I had reflux before surgery and was aware that it could be worse (or better, or the same) after surgery.

I think my weight loss was a teeny bit slower than if I had been younger.  But it's coming off, and I'm VERY happy with that aspect - all aspects really.  Don't hesitate because you're post-menopausal, this surgery can make SUCH a difference in your quality of life.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 286 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 337 views