starving?

tlw4u2luv
on 5/11/11 10:37 pm
Anybody 9 months out have a change in eating capacity and slowed weight loss? I am a few measly pounds from 100 pounds lost and for the last 2 or 3 months, my weight loss has slowed down so much. I still only eat about 4 times a day but I am assuming that its no longer enough but between eating and drinking, I cant figure out a way to eat 6 times a day like the NUT suggests…I am wondering if I’m in starvation mode..I also know that I need to exercise more often…I work fulltime and go to school part time year round and its been difficult to make the time between work, school, studying and home life..when I do have down time..i rest and stress about what isnt getting done. Ugh! I just find it hard to believe that there is where my body wants to be

lisa53406
on 5/11/11 11:24 pm - Racine, WI
Are you tracking protein, fluids, and calories taken in? If not, do so. It will help you identify where the issue is.

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
UnRuli
on 5/12/11 12:18 am - Plainwell, MI
 I had a stall at 8-9 months but I noticed that I was still losing inches.  Now my weight loss has started to kick in again so don't get discouraged......stalls and slower weight loss the farther you get out are not uncommon.
OldMedic
on 5/12/11 12:18 am - Alvaton, KY
You CAN find time to exercise.  Park your car further away from your job or classroom, so you have to walk more.

Walk whenever you have a break.  Even 5 minutes of decent walking, repeated throughout the day, adds up.  You do NOT have to go to a gym, or do a huge workout to get exercise.  I walked, ajnd I ONLY walked for exercise, and i whacked off 195 pounds!

You also need to be very careful about WHAT you eat.  It is normal for your weight loss to slow down as you lose.  Everyone's does.  It takes fewer calories to keep a less massive body going.  That's why it is critical that you WATCH WHAT YOU EAT AND GET IN EXERCISE.

You CAN do this.  If a 65 year old couch potato like me could do it, I am certain that you can.

A former Army Medic (1959-1969), Registered Nurse (1969-2000), College Instructor (1984-1989) and a retired Rehabilitation Counselor.  I am also a dual citizen of the USA and Canada.

High Weight 412 lbs.                    Date of Surgery 360.5                                 Present  170 lbs   

tlw4u2luv
on 5/12/11 12:35 am
new commitment....write down everything that i eat like i used to and find at least 10 mins a day (EVERYDAY)  to walk...thanks everybody...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 394 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views