Dreams after surgery

Bruce S.
on 5/13/11 12:38 am - Portland, TN
Has anyone else experienced weird or scarry dreams after surgery?

Last night I woke up all freaked out.  I had a dream that my doc actually only gave me a lapband instead of the sleevve and failed to put in a port for adjustments.  Not sure which part mad me more angry. the absence of the port or the lapband.
(deactivated member)
on 5/13/11 12:40 am
I blame the meds!

Miss_C
on 5/13/11 1:28 am - Southern, CA
VSG on 01/31/11 with
Sounds to me like you're mulling over in your mind the question if your Dr did everything right so that you'll have no complications now or further down the road...cuz only time will tell this right?
Also it could incorporate the question .....did you do the right thing by having wls and/or if it was the right choice of surgery for you. If you doubted it was the right choice, having a bad dream about the other kind of surgery that maybe you thought about getting, helps you feel better and more confident about the choice you made in getting the VSG :)
Or maybe deep down you wonder if it will work and if you will see success of wl that you're wishing to achieve. A bit of doubt and worry might play a part in the dynamics of this dream or it's a simple matter of finding acceptance in your choice. We all have to sort through our daily thoughts and emotions and while were sleeping, using our subconscious mind, is the perfect time to do it :)
*Hugs* Missy

January Sleevers:
 http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Jansleeves/discussion/

Consult Weight 254             SW 212          CW 154           GW 120 

Ask Not What Your Sleeve Can Do For You But What You Can Do For Your Sleeve!

Kristy R.
on 5/13/11 1:38 am - Santa Clara, CA
 I had a couple of dreams about eating things I shouldn't be, which ties directly into my fear of hurting myself with food.  I didn't do it of course, but I had that split second "oh ****" moment when I woke up before I realized it was a dream and no I didn't eat chicken at week two, LOL.  That's it for me though.  
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

Crunchy As Can Be
on 5/13/11 1:39 am - NY
When I was using the dilaudid PCA (pain meds in the hospital) I dreamed that Barack and Michelle Obama came to have tea with me in my hospital room, which looked similar to a religious sanctuary.

The weird part was that I kept having crazy dreams like that, and every time I woke up I'd think to myself- wow, I'm really loopy!

I, too, blame it 100% on the pain meds. :)
 ~~Emily~~

frisco
on 5/13/11 2:31 am

That's a wicked bad dream !!!!!

Waking up with a messed up LapBand !!!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

ccbelle14
on 5/13/11 3:52 am - Minneapolis, MN
I had very, very vivid dreams for 2 weeks after being sleeved. They started once I got home. Mine were pretty general, just weird and colorful and fun. Some people have said they dream about food. Don't be surprised if the dreams continue for a few more weeks - but hopefully not scary ones!

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
sundaymorning
on 5/13/11 7:46 am
 I have a lot of dreams about drinking soda and alcohol while eating bad food.  I had them more right after surgery and they've lessened nowl
Lisa110911
on 11/12/11 9:24 pm
Thanks for posting this question. I haven't been on any medication other than my prilosec and chewable vitamins, and I feel I remember everything from being asleep! Last night I visited almost every house on my street, but it took place in my childhood, so the neighbors that have long moved out were still there. Chotchkes and decorations that I haven't seen in 30 years were clearly visible. It was nice seeing my dad again. :')

Bruce S.
on 11/13/11 9:24 pm - Portland, TN
Now that would be scary. You're not a medium are you?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views