Bracelet

Sarahbear1
on 5/14/11 2:15 pm, edited 5/14/11 2:26 am - Edmonton, Canada
Did any of you get the medic bracelet.. after having the SLEVE?
I have a friend who got one after having RNY.. just wondering if it would be wise to get one for myself.. i am having VSG on may 18th *3 days*

in case you have to be incubated or for any of the meds you cant have.

Sarah

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/11 2:38 pm
I read a while back another poster got one of those bracelets.  It might be a good idea.

Best wishes on your surgery!!!!!!!
MrsHelm1012
on 5/14/11 2:48 pm, edited 5/14/11 2:49 am - Washingtonville, PA

I will be getting one after my surgery.. I need it for my epilepsy anyway... Check out Creativemedicalid.com they have some of the coolest bracelets!

kats-mom
on 5/14/11 6:59 pm - TX
VSG on 02/15/11 with
I did get a medical ID bracelet. My bracelet has my other medical conditions, the name of one of the some-what unusual drugs, No Blind NG Tube, my blood type, and to see wallet card. The wallet card has doctors' names and numbers, medical conditions, and medications.
   Lorraine    kats-mom
        Highest Weight-285  /  1st Nutritionist Appt-275  /  Pre-op Diet-257  /  
                               Day of Surgery: 246  /  Day Home-257

aintstoppin
on 5/15/11 8:24 am - NH
 I have heard the no blind NG tubes before.  What does that mean and is it a factor that would make it important to waer a bracelet.  Thanks,  

epark
on 5/14/11 10:30 pm - Manassas, VA
VSG on 06/27/11 with
My friend who has already had sugery put her info in her phone under emergeny notes.
Surgery, meds, name of surgeon, etc.  Supposedly EMTs look here for information, but I 
have no idea.  And her surgeon gave her a business card to carry that has all the info on it.
Crunchy As Can Be
on 5/14/11 11:47 pm - NY
The bracelet's a good idea, especially in taking care with our very small delicate stomach at this point... if God forbid anything ever happened where EMTs had to rush to save your life, they as well as the hospital emergency team wouldn't normally think about a stomach pouch during their rescue work... and while doing good work to save you might unintentionally puncture the pouch or cause a leak... which would be AWFUL.

~~Emily~~

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/11 12:12 am

I also have a wallet card I made on a website called Drugs.com.  You register with them, then input your medical conditions, meds, even your supplements, your ICE info (In Case of Emergency), then yiou can print out a wallet size or a full sheet.  I use card stock and print out the wallet sized one and accordian fold it for my wallet.  I put it right behind my drivers license but I fold it so it sticks out just a hair above the Drivers License.   Last summer I was in a terrible auto accident and was medi flighted to a hospital an hour away from home.  My husband was taken by land ambulance in the other direction 20 minutes away from the accident site.  I had a head injury and they kept asking me questions but I couldn't remember the info.  I finally remembered the card and I told them all my info was on the card in my wallet behind the Drivers License.  They were able to call my sons and sent one son to be with my husband, one to be with me, they were aware I am a bleeder, they knew all my meds and my conditions. 
I will also be getting a bracelet, I will have the no blind ng on it.  I don't believe you can be too careful with your medical conditions.

MrsClaus09
on 5/15/11 1:26 am

My nut told me about this site too...
http://www.laurenshope.com/

They have some nice bracelets as well!

My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/11 1:31 am
 After a sleeve surgery what would be the important phrases to put on there???
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views