Skin texture change... bigtime!

kittenlily
on 9/29/11 6:08 pm - WV
Has anyone else had a total flip-flop in their skin's moisture since your surgery?

I went into surgery with oily, angry skin. It was tempermental and covered in acne, which I fought every day.

I'm 7 weeks out, right in the middle of a nasty stall, and my skin flops into desert dry earlier this week. I had no clue how to handle this type of skin but it's tight, itchy and started to flake.

I had to take my mother with me to the makeup counter and have her help me pick out a day and night cream, a moisturizing cleanser and an eye cream.

The good news is, no zits anywhere!

Will our skin just keep making changes like this? :)
katier825
on 9/29/11 7:14 pm
My skin got really dry too. One thing to be sure of is to drink plenty of fluids...moisturize from the inside out, as well as lotions. Mine isn't as dry now as it was earlier out from surgery.
Stephanie M.
on 9/29/11 9:01 pm
My skin turned dry as soon as I started to preop diet. There just wasn't enough fat in there for me. It started balancing out a few months after surgery and now is insanely oily, though that may be because I'm losing a ton of hair and my forehead is picking up scalp oil. I assume that it'll change again in a few more months.

High weight: 276

Lowest weight: 155.2

Currently : 159-164

Couch potato to runner in 18 months!                         

mshill97
on 9/29/11 11:14 pm
My skin is extra soft now and it was really oily the whole time I was in the hospital. I guess it's an individual thing. Something that's really great as a moisturizer is 100% natural shea butter, no additives. It has a nutty smell, but it is the best moisturizer in the world.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views