24 days post op - ugh!!

Newday2day
on 9/30/11 12:45 pm - MI
So I was prepared (I thought) for the inevitable 3 week stall. However am I supposed to be gaining weight during the stall? I was down to 251.5 and now I'm up to 254.5 as of this morning. Now I know my monthly visitor is a few days away and I'm not going #2 (sorry TMI on both accounts) but seriously a gain??

I will also be totally honest and say that I'm not getting in 64 oz of water a day. I am getting in 60 grams of protein but that's it.

I'm frustrated and feeling like a complete failure. I'm exhausted (nearly) all the time and I'm getting depressed. Help please OH family. I could use all the help I can get right now.
Jen
HW: 304   SW: 271 - VSG 9/6/2011   CW: 172.3
Goal #1: 225 (12/30/11) Goal #2: 200 (3/5/12)  Goal #3: 190 (4/1/12)  Goal #4: 170  Goal # 5: 150
fysicsgrl
on 9/30/11 12:50 pm
Keep doing what you have been doing.  I'm sure the gain is because of the lack of BM and the bloating from the monthly visitor.  Both of these things happen to me too.  My weight-loss always slows (pre-surgery & post-surgery) right before my monthly visitor.

sunnymicki
on 9/30/11 1:11 pm
I'm sorry for your troubles :(  Don't have experience with stalls yet, but I can tell you for sure that being dehydrated, even a little, will cause you to feel fatigued.  Its your bodies way of making you slow down so you stop using up what little water it does have so that it can continue the function of staying alive.  Being dehydrated also dramatically slows weight loss.  And keeps you from doing #2 the way you should.  So needless to say, I think that getting your fluids in should be priority #1 for you right now!

5'9" All weight lost post-op. Goal weight determined by body composition testing.

Krazydoglady
on 9/30/11 1:20 pm - FL
You need to get your fluids in. The body needs water to metabolize fat. The body holds on to water if it doesn't get enough, and the intestinal tract gets very unhappy without enough water to keep the trains running on time, so to speak.

The advice my surgeon gave me was to put fluids ahead of food.  If I got behind on fluids, I drank extra protein rather than ate food so I wouldn't have to take a 'time-out' from my fluids.

Hope that helps.

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

acbbrown
on 9/30/11 1:30 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Being dehydrated and constipated will make the scale go up. Find something you like to drink like propel or G2 or crystal light so you will be more motivated to drink more. It will solve a lot of problems.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

fatfree2b
on 9/30/11 11:04 pm - TX
Hi, we had our surgery on the same day, and I too had problems with getting in the fluids and still kinda do.  I have to really make an effort to remember to drink them. I now carry around water with me at all times.  I bought some of those tiny water bottles 8oz, and they are small so it doesn't look like alot of water and I can finish them pretty quick, and they add up. Something new I am trying and it seems to work, I have already had 2 this morning.  I can tell a big difference when I get the water in, especially in the bathroom area and on the scale. I wish you the best .
Mary :)
Happy966
on 9/30/11 11:45 pm

Hugs to you!  You are not a failure!  You have all the tools you need to be a success.  But you MUST drink your water and then get your protein in.  Dehydration will make you feel crappy.  Do you like hot drinks, like decaf teas or coffee?  Can you drink room temperature or cold water easier?  I like my water colder now than I used to (always room temperature before).  That was a surprise.  

Our jobs are to drink our water, get our protein, follow our food plan, move our bodies.  Ultimately (and believe me, this is hard for *me* to remember), we have NO control over our weight, especially day to day.  Our bodies have their own needs and times and we just have to put one step in front of the other to take care of ourselves.  We need to feel proud of doing the work and trust that results will follow in their own time.

Confession:  This is *very* hard for me, too.  I want to lose a pound a day, every day.  But it's not going to happen and it a bad thing for me to let the scale tell me how I should be feeling.

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

deb.c
on 10/1/11 4:01 am
hi same date same thing with h2o l have lost only 10 we will get there keep in touch
hi having sleeve on sept 6 band coming out has any one had this?            
Newday2day
on 10/1/11 11:13 pm - MI

Thank you everyone! I think I'm going to buy some of those 8 oz water bottles today. The next week water will be my #1 priority.

I can't thank each of you enough. I know I can do this and with your encouragement it's giong to be that much better.

Jen
HW: 304   SW: 271 - VSG 9/6/2011   CW: 172.3
Goal #1: 225 (12/30/11) Goal #2: 200 (3/5/12)  Goal #3: 190 (4/1/12)  Goal #4: 170  Goal # 5: 150
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views