My surgery date is November 1!!!!

lovetoread
on 10/21/11 10:40 am - East Amherst, NY
Wow....I got my date yesterday, and it's November 1...now that it's only a little more than ONE WEEK away, I'm feeling excited and nervous, too.

My mind knows that I need to lose weight for my health and quality of life, and tht I need this very important tool.......
but my emotions are telling me:  why are you getting most of your stomach cut out??? You should just go on a diet, and exercise!!! - like I haven't done that over and over again!!!!

Any words of wisdom would be very appreciated!!!

Eileen
mooosie
on 10/21/11 11:41 am - CT

i can offer u some words but i dont know how wise they are.  my date is set for nov.7th.  i was out shopping for extra cat food, plastic bottles to put pre made protein drinks in.  tried mixing up some chobani yogurt and freezing it to see if it will taste more like ice cream and be a more interesting way to get prottien but have no idea if surgeon will appove yogurst right off the bat....its not a clearliquid...

anyway, ive decided im having this urgery because my heart and my lungs wont suppot this obese lifestyle anymore.  im a stroke waiting to happen.  i just retired and i watn to experience a bit of life.  so i think i am mak8ing the right decision for me.i dunno what your initial reason for making this decision was but im sure you had a good reason.

share it????

good luck 

Mrs.Goose
on 10/21/11 11:47 am
First off I would like to say that what you are feeling is completely normal. 

Other than that all I can say is that for me I had the surgery because I felt that I tried everything else and I needed to do this for my health and I have been very happy with how it has helped me.  You just have to remember that your sleeve it just a tool. 
lovetoread
on 10/24/11 12:49 pm - East Amherst, NY
Thank you!  Evern though I'm still a bit nervous, I felt some true excitement this weekend and happiness that the date is almost here. I have to remember that I do not like the feeling of being bloated and stuffed after a big meal. I don't think I'll miss gorging myself. I think I'll like having one piece of pizza (or half a piece), and being full!
(deactivated member)
on 10/21/11 12:16 pm
lovetoread
on 10/24/11 12:46 pm - East Amherst, NY
Thank you! I unerstand that the sleeve is only a tool, albeit a very powerful one. I really feel that I can lose the weight this time!

Eileen
(deactivated member)
on 10/21/11 12:59 pm
So is mine yayayay! Congrats! Its scary but always know were all here for ya! Feel free to write anytime since we ll be going through the same thing during the same time!
NMGAL15
on 10/21/11 1:22 pm - Rio Rancho, NM
Yay thats my date too!! I have the same feelings you do! I keep looking at my girls who are 4&1 and I remember why im doing it!
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 231 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 306 views